Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Twin Falls, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the very spot that I suggested to Tesla on their Supercharger recommendation page last year. That West side of Blue Lakes Blvd. had been empty, and when I was there visiting my friend, I saw them starting to clear that land (As a matter of fact, if you look at the Google Maps satellite image of that spot, it still shows it as just cleared dirt.). My friend said they were going to be building several new stores there. I sent the suggestion to Tesla, mentioning that this might be an easy way to get them in since there would be new buildings and parking lots being put in anyway. I got back a form letter from them about how they use energy modeling to select Supercharger sites, so it seemed like it was being blown off. I don't know if they looked into it from my suggestion or not, but cool that it got worked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I've driven that route many times. Not that I thought it would ever happen, but there's a truck stop next to a Days Inn (I stayed there in May) right off the freeway. Putting the Supercharger station there would have been more convenient, I think.

But, yes, I am well aware that Twin Falls is on the other side of the Snake River Canyon; I have a cousin who lives there. At least the Visitor's Center is on the north edge of town.

Convenient, yes, but I think most people would much rather have restaurants and stores around than just a truck stop and a hotel, even if it is a few miles farther off.

1426 S Entertainment Ave, Boise, ID to Twin Falls Tourist Center, Twin Falls, ID

20720212326_c4dc48539e_z.jpg

Twin Falls Tourist Center, Twin Falls, ID to Hampton Inn 2145 W Main St, Tremonton, UT

20125331983_b4cf337859_z.jpg

That 147 mile run from Twin Falls to Tremonton is a bit long, with some elevation gain. I would think another Supercharger station will be needed in between someday.

Edited to change the possible SpC location in Twin Falls to the "Twin Falls Tourist Center", as shown on Google Maps.

Last edited:
...Convenient, yes, but I think most people would much rather have restaurants and stores around than just a truck stop and a hotel, even if it is a few miles farther off.
I expect that you are right (and I never really expected otherwise). There are a some other Supercharger locations that are well off the main routes, but I have also seen some complaints about that. At least with the Twin Falls location one gets to drive over the Snake River gorge.

- - - Updated - - -

And 80 mph speed limit now for much of it too, right?
Yes, both southern Idaho and northern Utah.

Just got this from the City of Twin Falls Planner

This is a response to your public records request associated with the Tesla Charging Stations. We have received a building permit to construct 8 charging stations at the Twin Falls Visitor’s Center that is operated by the Twin Falls Chamber of Commerce.

Splitting hairs here but the way that's worded it sounds like it's Tesla saying they've received the permit. Seems like if from the city planner it would read they had received a building permit *application* to construct 8 charging stations or (better) that they have *approved* a building permit to construct 8 charging stations.

But in any case it's great news that things are moving along.

'Course this does cause me a bit of concern too as a while back I told some base jumping friends that the only way I'd jump with them off the bridge in Twin Falls was if a supercharger went in there so I could drive my S there. Gulp! :)

BTW, anyone here know how far the supercharger will be from the bridge?

Last edited:
Yes, I've driven that route many times. Not that I thought it would ever happen, but there's a truck stop next to a Days Inn (I stayed there in May) right off the freeway. Putting the Supercharger station there would have been more convenient, I think.

But, yes, I am well aware that Twin Falls is on the other side of the Snake River Canyon; I have a cousin who lives there. At least the Visitor's Center is on the north edge of town.

I am sorry, @dgpcolorado, for my “have you been there” comment. I was a bit too excited on this and got sarcastic about the lack of stuff there.

what's the tool that makes the highway elevation profiles? would you make one for Twin Falls to Elko?
Using this route:

Google Maps

20762357456_0739b6c853_z.jpg

These profiles are made using GPS Visualizer:

• Go to GPS Visualizer profile input form
• Adjust the width and height of the profile plot. I have been using 800 pixels wide and 300 pixels high
• Chose the units: metric, US, Nautical
• Give the plot a descriptive title
• Go to Google Maps and map out the route you want
• Click on the menu button at the top left of the map and select "share or embed map"
• Check the box for Short URL and copy the URL for the map
• Paste the URL in the box on GPS Visualizer at the lower right where it says "Or provide the URL of data on the Web:"
• Click the green "Draw the profile" button
• The profile plot will open; copy and save the .png image file wherever you want (on a "wintel" computer, right click the image and select "Save Image As")

[Full credit where it is due: I first saw instructions on how to use GPS Visualizer to make elevation profiles in a post by GRA, years ago on another forum.]

Last edited:
Thanks dgpcolorado for the info and link RE the GPS Visualizer!

I have not visited the Twin Falls SC site, but I'm excited to have that last link completed soon for a direct run from Portland to Denver. And I see the Price, Utah SC is permitted, so that should make the route even shorter.

Google maps indicates the Twin Falls site is within a block or so of Johnny Carino's and Outback Steak House, and 3-5 blocks from Golden Corral, River Rock Grill, IHOP (open 24 hrs), Chili's, A Taste of Thai, Buffalo Wild Wings, Five Guys, and Taco Bell. And the Magic Valley Mall is just across the highway. So isolation won't be a problem.

Thanks dgpcolorado for the info and link RE the GPS Visualizer!

I have not visited the Twin Falls SC site, but I'm excited to have that last link completed soon for a direct run from Portland to Denver. And I see the Price, Utah SC is permitted, so that should make the route even shorter.
Yes, the Price UT Supercharger station will be very helpful. I always go that way and presume that everyone going from SLC to Colorado (or Moab) does as well. I make the 1150 mile trip to Portland regularly because my family lives in Oregon.
Google maps indicates the Twin Falls site is within a block or so of Johnny Carino's and Outback Steak House, and 3-5 blocks from Golden Corral, River Rock Grill, IHOP (open 24 hrs), Chili's, A Taste of Thai, Buffalo Wild Wings, Five Guys, and Taco Bell. And the Magic Valley Mall is just across the highway. So isolation won't be a problem.
In addition, it is right near the Snake River Canyon and I think there is a trail there and an overlook into the canyon. It is hard to imagine a better spot for a Supercharger station from a "things to do" perspective.

20601246038_ee54d4f362_c.jpg

Last edited: