Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Twin Falls, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is fantastic. Now just give me a 2-stall SC at Jordan Valley, NV, and we can drive from California to Boise, ID!

- K

Yeah, a 2-stall does sound like a pretty good idea, since it would be a bit cheaper and it’s a lightly traveled route, so they don’t need a lot of spots. As it is, though, that route through Jordan Valley isn’t too bad. I’ve gotten to meet a guy from Reno who has done the entire drive of Winnemucca to Boise on one charge a couple of times actually. It obviously wouldn’t work in the Winter, but about an hour’s charge on a 14-50 there makes it work.

Any ideas about Twin Falls SC coming online before October? Is there any infrastructure there already or are they starting from scratch?

I am hoping for mid-October, but I don't have my hopes up seeing what has happened with various other Supercharger sites. If it's online, that will be fantastic. Otherwise I will need to figure out a charging solution (such as at an RV park) along the route.

Once they break ground, it goes pretty quickly - on the order of weeks. And they typically don't wait long after the permit is issued. But there are lots of examples of a very long "gestation" period - Coeur d'Alene, for example, where the first permit application was rejected. Mid-Oct is about 6 weeks away, I wouldn't make book on it.

Once they break ground, it goes pretty quickly - on the order of weeks. And they typically don't wait long after the permit is issued. But there are lots of examples of a very long "gestation" period - Coeur d'Alene, for example, where the first permit application was rejected. Mid-Oct is about 6 weeks away, I wouldn't make book on it.

Yeah, definitely not planning on it, but would be nice. :)

Then there's Albuquerque: "Status: Construction - 119 days" according to supercharge.info

You never know what problems might crop up.

I am hoping for mid-October, but I don't have my hopes up seeing what has happened with various other Supercharger sites. If it's online, that will be fantastic. Otherwise I will need to figure out a charging solution (such as at an RV park) along the route.
AlbertonMars, you may have already seen this in one of the threads, but at least one other Tesla owner has used the Village of Trees RV park at exit 216 on I-84 near Declo for his in-between charge between Tremonton and Boise.

AlbertonMars, you may have already seen this in one of the threads, but at least one other Tesla owner has used the Village of Trees RV park at exit 216 on I-84 near Declo for his in-between charge between Tremonton and Boise.

Thanks! I've seen mention of people using RV parks along this route, but I will need to dig up specifics as my trip gets close. I'll definitely hunt down that specific post.

Then there's Albuquerque: "Status: Construction - 119 days" according to supercharge.info

You never know what problems might crop up.

Yeah, true. $h!t happens. But ABQ is a huge exception and has nothing to do with the SC installation. I believe a fence needs to get built which seems like a pretty unique situation. The actual construction of the SC in ABQ went pretty quick - looks like 4ish weeks.

Thanks! I've seen mention of people using RV parks along this route, but I will need to dig up specifics as my trip gets close. I'll definitely hunt down that specific post.

Ugh, don’t bother with an RV park along the way. If you’re going to go with a 14-50 anyway, there are better options right there in Twin Falls. I and another Boise Tesla owner happened to see each other doing the Boise to SLC trip the same weekend. You only need about an hour and a half charging in town to bridge that gap if you drive around 70 mph on the highway.

Look on Plugshare, and there are two good 40A options. One is a dentist office on the Northwest side of town. It’s available free during evenings and weekends. It’s about 206V and 40A, so about 25 miles per hour of charge.

The other is the Blue Lakes Inn. They have a Tesla HPWC that is still 40A, but it’s on 240V surprisingly, so it’s more like 29 miles per hour. You can use it for $5 an hour or $10 for full charge.

Both of those are very near some restaurants, so it’s not bad to use an hour and a half for a lunch or dinner stop. There is also a Tesla owner on Plugshare with a full 80A HPWC, but it’s in a residential area, so it’s not as close to the main road where all of the restaurants are.

I just rang the visitors center and asked about the supercharger.

They said it is going to happen and even the specific piece of ground has been selected. Unfortunately he could not tell me when construction will begin but again emphasized that it is going to happen.

The Twin Falls Chamber of Commerce just issued this:

Construction plans are out to bid for the Supercharger station to be built at the Twin Falls Visitor Center. Once those bids are in and reviewed, construction could get started this fall - assuming no interference from weather, etc. As soon as the bids are reviewed and awarded, we should know more about a construction timeline. We are definitely looking forward to hosting the Tesla Supercharger station at the new Twin Falls Visitor Center on the rim of the scenic Snake River Canyon right next to the Perrine Bridge.

The Twin Falls Chamber of Commerce just issued this:

Construction plans are out to bid for the Supercharger station to be built at the Twin Falls Visitor Center. Once those bids are in and reviewed, construction could get started this fall - assuming no interference from weather, etc. As soon as the bids are reviewed and awarded, we should know more about a construction timeline. We are definitely looking forward to hosting the Tesla Supercharger station at the new Twin Falls Visitor Center on the rim of the scenic Snake River Canyon right next to the Perrine Bridge.

Well, sounds like I definitely won't be using this Supercharger in mid-October!

Thanks for posting this. :)