TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Twins out of town

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by kendallpb, Dec 24, 2013.

1. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Too weird. I'm in Raleigh, charging at a free charger next to an REI on an outdoor mall. I go back to my car and there's another brown Tesla there. Okay . . . I try to open the first, with MD plates, forgetting I was in the other spot. Wait, two with Maryland plates? I check. Yup. And the plate numbers are 4 digits off!

Woah. Freaky. A couple of people wandered by--neither the owner--and commented on this. (One turned into a bit of Tesla time.)

Anyway if you're out there, near-twin-with-leather-seats . . . H! :cool:

2. ggbjr

ggbjr Member

Ha!! And because you guys weren't here, my brown was relegated to a regular spot. I'm the only local brown, I think!

3. kendallpb

Heh, sorry. ;-) Well, not really (I presume/hope you weren't desperate for a charge). Your car's more similar to the one I saw, since you both have tan leather. I wish I'd seen yours, too; it would've been funny to see all three browns (not the most common color).

4. caddieo

caddieo Member

No pictures???

5. kendallpb

#5 kendallpb, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Gah, sorry! I know, I know...pix or it didn't happen! I forgot to e-mail them to myself off my phone and post. Here ya go! I've blanked out all but the last digit--just trust me, the rest of the plate sequence was the same. Mine's on the right in the first pic (textile seats); the near-doppelgänger on the left in the first pic has tan leather. My other half commented that both cars needed a wash. ;-)

twins1.jpg

twins2.jpg