Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twitter Response from Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1071.PNG

Did you ever have an idea about a favorite product that you wanted to share with the powers that be at a large company? Well last Friday evening I did just that! I sent out a tweet to Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla suggesting a feature that would be extremely helpful for my Model S. To my surprise, thirty minutes later he replied back letting me know that he would add that feature very soon in an OTA (over the air) update to all Tesla vehicles. Now this article is not to gloat (my VP of Sales and Marketing says, “yes it is”) that "Elon" replied back to my tweet, its just the opposite. This article is to reaffirm my belief that all CEO's or executive leadership should be accessible and willing to listen to what our customers have to say. And whether we are comfortable with that or not, It is ultimately our customers and their loyalty that make our businesses successful. It’s not all us. If we aren’t accessible to our customers then someone will be whether it’s on social media or via phone call. If we’re not available to listen then we’ll eventually lose their business to someone who is. It is so important to listen to what our customers have to say all the times. They are smart and they know in most cases what needs to be changed to make our products and services better. They are the community and they are our customer. Embrace the accessibility and feedback whether good or bad. We MUST be accessible at all times. That's what separates good leaders and GREAT leaders.

This would not be ideal. It would be better to do that when the car is in park and the door is opened.

I had a rental Ford once that did that -- moved the seat back and the steering wheel away when the car was in park. That was very uncomfortable for me, since I was no longer able to reach anything, including the pedals to put the car back in drive. It was also very uncomfortable for my daughter in the back seat. She was squashed by the moving driver seat, since there was surprisingly little leg room in there for such an enormous vehicle.

My BMW does it well. When the door is opened, the steering wheel moves up and the seat bolsters move away from my ribs and hips. Perfect!

• Informative
Reactions: DriverOne
I know this isn't PC but all I can do is laugh about this one... This has been a LONG requested feature since pretty much the very first Model S deliveries and we're still waiting... Given all of the software shortcomings that still exist which I won't mention here, I'd rather Tesla fix the bugs that they have rather than add a new feature which isn't likely going to work right out of the gate to begin with if any of the previous feature releases are any indication...

Jeff

View attachment 243087

Did you ever have an idea about a favorite product that you wanted to share with the powers that be at a large company? Well last Friday evening I did just that! I sent out a tweet to Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla suggesting a feature that would be extremely helpful for my Model S. To my surprise, thirty minutes later he replied back letting me know that he would add that feature very soon in an OTA (over the air) update to all Tesla vehicles. Now this article is not to gloat (my VP of Sales and Marketing says, “yes it is”) that "Elon" replied back to my tweet, its just the opposite. This article is to reaffirm my belief that all CEO's or executive leadership should be accessible and willing to listen to what our customers have to say. And whether we are comfortable with that or not, It is ultimately our customers and their loyalty that make our businesses successful. It’s not all us. If we aren’t accessible to our customers then someone will be whether it’s on social media or via phone call. If we’re not available to listen then we’ll eventually lose their business to someone who is. It is so important to listen to what our customers have to say all the times. They are smart and they know in most cases what needs to be changed to make our products and services better. They are the community and they are our customer. Embrace the accessibility and feedback whether good or bad. We MUST be accessible at all times. That's what separates good leaders and GREAT leaders.
I hate to always sound so cynical but I'll believe that this will happen like he claims it will when it happens. I introduce as evidence silky smooth.

I don't think Elon is really listening to all folks who tweet at him. I think what happens is that Tesla already has their own plans to introduce some new feature/gimmick/etc., and then the social media team searches through previous tweets to Elon that have asked about it and picks one to respond to.

It's a form of cherrypicking the questions, to only respond to the ones where you know you've got a positive answer for.

I don't think Elon is really listening to all folks who tweet at him. I think what happens is that Tesla already has their own plans to introduce some new feature/gimmick/etc., and then the social media team searches through previous tweets to Elon that have asked about it and picks one to respond to.

It's a form of cherrypicking the questions, to only respond to the ones where you know you've got a positive answer for.

if only more CEO's would at least do this...

Reactions: zmarty
I enjoyed this feature so much on my Nissan Maxima, I was very disappointed when I noticed that my S didn't have it.

I do agree with one of the previous posts that it needs to happen based upon the door being opened like other manufacturers.