Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twitter and the Chief Twit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if his screen said this when the deal went through...
El383DPVgAAkaKE.jpg

Reactions: stolengoat
I have no idea what he wants to do with it.. people talking like he'll remove all the moderation so it becomes more of a shithole than it already is.. but my thinking is he's had his fill with shorts spreading dumb *sugar* about Tesla on it so he may well go in the opposite direction (AI bot kills of controversial posts, which will inevitably not work, but gives him a platform to announce how great/sophisticated it is).

Compared to other social media platforms Twitter doesn't have many users.

The types of users and uses are interesting though. Politicians, journalists, academics, important place for political discussion in totalitarian regimes.

Enough for spies to be interested. NB. Saudis own a lot of twitter shares, it's not for the financial performance. I suspect other unpleasant oil-funded regimes have influence either through investment, advertising or other commercial links.

With roughly 10 million Twitter users, Saudi Arabia is the service's top Arab market. Not requiring use of real names further made Twitter a leading platform for political dissent in the country
A former colleague of Abouammo's said that US, UK, and Israeli security agencies all pressured members of Twitter's media team for private information
Exposing their phone numbers and email addresses, dozens of those who were in direct touch with Ali have died, were tortured or remain behind bars as a result of being found to have a connection to him, he claims

Last edited:
Compared to other social media platforms Twitter doesn't have many users.

The types of users and uses are interesting though. Politicians, journalists, academics, important place for political discussion in totalitarian regimes.

Enough for spies to be interested. NB. Saudis own a lot of twitter shares, it's not for the financial performance. I suspect other unpleasant oil-funded regimes have influence either through investment, advertising or other commercial links.

So you disagree with the question " Am I the only one who has a bad feeling about this" even though 3 people have already signalled agreement meaning at that point you are disagreeing with something that is a literal fact since I am clearly not the only one.
You and twitter seem made for each other 🤣

Why on earth would Elon want to own a social network? What a complete waste of time and money, that does absolutely nothing to advance anything remotely meaningful. Making your focus 'Free Speech' is also a stupid starting point. We all know that its an unsolvable 'grey area' between blocking video of beheadings and politically motivated disinformation. No one can get it 'right', it's not an engineering problem.
His competitor is Facebook, another thoroughly repugnant organisation, why willingly engage in competitive sewer wrestling.
And yes, I use Twitter regularly, many times per day, it's like crack. It's never made any money from me though.

Users = Value is a bit of a shareholder myth, but as long as the myth holds, people will keep paying the money. When it breaks, the money goes away.

Ebay bought skype because it had 54 million users.. and made a huge loss because, well, skype users != ebay users, and anyone could have seen that one coming.

I know Elon is a strong supporter of free speech.

Is he though?

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr H and Zilla91
So you disagree with the question " Am I the only one who has a bad feeling about this" even though 3 people have already signalled agreement meaning at that point you are disagreeing with something that is a literal fact since I am clearly not the only one.
You and twitter seem made for each other 🤣
My vote was against being worried, I'm rather happy at the news. Rather Elon than Saudi/Russian spies. Switching away from advertising, peak outrage algo, shadow banning effects and replacing with transparent algo. Hope new Twitter can replace the hate-driven algo promotion of lies and echo chambers on facebook and others. That would be nice.

Last edited: