Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two amazing "what kind of car is that" experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This past week I had two experiences with curious folks that went way beyond the normal.

In the first, I was driving home from working out and a sport bike began following me about two miles from my home. He trailed me all the way into my neighborhood, which is way off the main highways. I though it was weird. When I parked he pulled up to the curb, took off his helmut, and approached me to ask about the car. We spent about five minutes talking and he drove off, saying it was the most beautiful car he had ever seen.

In the second I was driving four of my colleagues to an office lunch. They were waiting for me on a very busy Baltimore street corner. There was a traffic cop at the intersection. When I stopped to pick up my colleagues, the cop blocked traffic for about three minutes, not for safety, but because she was curious about the car and wanted to know what it was and ask questions and was afraid I would drive off before she could ask her questions.

I've never had these kinds of experiences with any other car.

a traffic cop ... blocked traffic for about three minutes, not for safety, but because she was curious about the car and wanted to know what it was and ask questions and was afraid I would drive off before she could ask her questions.
As per the other "cop" thread, I'm mulling over what I think the "right" behavior for the cop is in this situation. I think something more like...
I'm sorry to interrupt you, sir, but I'm very interested in keeping current on vehicles so I can do my job better. By any chance, can I meet up with you later for drinks/lunch/whatever to discuss it in more detail.
... seems the least objectionable.

indeed your experiences are quite unique. I feel like I need to get dark tinted windows because people on the road are always staring.

- - - Updated - - -

to follow up on brianman's response, was she attractive? :tongue:
By any chance, can I meet up with you later for drinks/lunch/whatever to discuss it in more detail.
brianman confided in me at Teslive that he had a cop fetish. Ooops.

Coming back from brunch we had a SUV full of folks pull up next to us at a stoplight and ask "What kind of car is that?" from two women. They had not heard of Tesla. We got compliments on its looks, and raised eyebrows and smiles when we told them it was all electric... no gas engine...

It's fun. :)