Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two complaints about the current UI (08/2022) - Reverse Camera Disappears & Driver Profile Selection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OCJeff

Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
I have two small complaints that I encounter on a very regular basis, and I think they would be easy QOL fixes by Tesla. Is there any way to submit requests, or just make a bunch of noise here on the forums?

Anyway, here are my issues...

1) If I have the car in reverse, and then realize that I need to turn up the A/C, when I hide the A/C controls the reverse camera is gone. I need to manually bring it up, and then hide it again when I'm done. Why can't the reverse camera just stay in place when I open the A/C controls so it's still there when I exit the A/C controls?

2) My car will often select the wrong profile if both me and my wife are near my car. I have bluetooth priority set up, but this does not appear to address the drive profile preference. Is there any way to chose a preferred driver profile when multiple Phone/keys are detected and connected? This also impacts #1 above, as the driver preference window will close the rearview camera display.

Let me know if I missed something and there is a way to address these issues.

I have two small complaints that I encounter on a very regular basis, and I think they would be easy QOL fixes by Tesla. Is there any way to submit requests, or just make a bunch of noise here on the forums?

Anyway, here are my issues...

1) If I have the car in reverse, and then realize that I need to turn up the A/C, when I hide the A/C controls the reverse camera is gone. I need to manually bring it up, and then hide it again when I'm done. Why can't the reverse camera just stay in place when I open the A/C controls so it's still there when I exit the A/C controls?

2) My car will often select the wrong profile if both me and my wife are near my car. I have bluetooth priority set up, but this does not appear to address the drive profile preference. Is there any way to chose a preferred driver profile when multiple Phone/keys are detected and connected? This also impacts #1 above, as the driver preference window will close the rearview camera display.

Let me know if I missed something and there is a way to address these issues.
I've experienced your first issue several times. What I do is since I have the reverse cameras on my shortcut bar, I just hit that when I close out whatever I opened briefly while backing up. I think it would be good if Tesla can make the reverse camera come back up or stay in place, but my guess is when you shift into R, it's basically like hitting that reverse camera button, so when another function is accessed, it is replaced like it would be had you brought up the reverse cameras manually.

Your second issue I've only experienced a couple of times. My wife is setup as a driver and her phone is always with her and she often gets in the car before I do. Most of the time it doesn't chose her profile (my phone is setup as the primary key), but it has randomly done that a couple of times. She's never actually driven the MYP though, and the only time she opens the Tesla app is when she sends a destination to the car's GPS, so maybe her app not being active (I'm not sure if she usually has it running in background or not) is the difference?

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the 2023.6.8 release that fixed my first complaint!!!

The second complaint has morphed a bit where the profile is shown correct (my name) but the seating position is not correct. And I need to reselect the same profile name and then the seats adjust correctly. Some sort of bug there still for sure.