Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two deliveries in one day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We took delivery of our P90D Model X on Friday afternoon at the factory. I was a little nervous for two reasons. I have been reading these forums for months now, and seen many post about early fit and finish issues, possible problems with the falcon wing doors, slow second row seats etc. We also had a baby due date rapidly approaching! My wife wasn't sure she should even come to the tour and car pick up for fear of early delivery (of the baby, not the Tesla).

We made it to the car delivery and had a great factory tour. I did the tour at the meet the X event earlier this year. There is a noticeable change in Model X production. The ramp is real.

Our car is beautiful. Panel gaps are perfect, paint looks great. Interior was great. The second row seat motors seem faster, more responsive. The falcon wing motion smooth and reliable so far. Chrome trim lines up nicely. We are very happy with the Model X. We got home and off to the doctor's office to find my wife going into early labor. Insane mode must have done the job!

Off to the hospital for the second delivery of the day. All is great with Mom and our new baby girl. She is a perfect little bundle. Heading home tomorrow, in the safest family car on the road. We feel like two very lucky parents. Not a bad weekend...

We have three kids now. I can confirm that three car seats fit in second row and still allow great access to the third row!

Human baby is cuter, Tesla baby is faster. Both eliciting great deal of emotions. Gonna go with flesh and blood on this one.

To put it another way, having a new baby puts things like a fancy new car in perspective. I spent a lot of time lurking around this site trying to learn all I could about these cars, anxiously anticipating delivery. After delivery number two on Friday, the car could have been delayed another couple years and my life would have been fine. The best part about this car is how well it will protect the people inside it.

View attachment 167992 View attachment 167993 We took delivery of our P90D Model X on Friday afternoon at the factory. I was a little nervous for two reasons. I have been reading these forums for months now, and seen many post about early fit and finish issues, possible problems with the falcon wing doors, slow second row seats etc. We also had a baby due date rapidly approaching! My wife wasn't sure she should even come to the tour and car pick up for fear of early delivery (of the baby, not the Tesla).

We made it to the car delivery and had a great factory tour. I did the tour at the meet the X event earlier this year. There is a noticeable change in Model X production. The ramp is real.

Our car is beautiful. Panel gaps are perfect, paint looks great. Interior was great. The second row seat motors seem faster, more responsive. The falcon wing motion smooth and reliable so far. Chrome trim lines up nicely. We are very happy with the Model X. We got home and off to the doctor's office to find my wife going into early labor. Insane mode must have done the job!

Off to the hospital for the second delivery of the day. All is great with Mom and our new baby girl. She is a perfect little bundle. Heading home tomorrow, in the safest family car on the road. We feel like two very lucky parents. Not a bad weekend...

We have three kids now. I can confirm that three car seats fit in second row and still allow great access to the third row!

Congratulations! I too just took delivery Sunday 03/20! Left door makes tiny squeaking sound but everything else all good. My wife is also delivering our first baby any minute now! lol

Very good story to read at the beginning of a new week, thanks. Congrats! And for the last and not for the least the same day you "took" delivery of your baby, you took care of her future acquiring a very friendly automobile, which is at the same the best compelling car in the world. I'm so happy for you and all your family.