Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two different display ‘errors’ or glitches?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MYPPYM

Jun 28, 2022
Nj
A couple camera issues? Or software issues?
Is it possible that this is because I turned on the FSD visualization? Any help would be truly appreciated.

1) It doesn’t show parked cars or pedestrians on the sidewalk, but shows garbage cans on the street no problem.
2) When an approaching car shows up on the screen and appears to be in the blind spot it’s actually already right next to me and it’s too late. There seems to be a camera lag.
Am I alone here?

I started a similar thread and couldn’t edit the OP nor delete it; please forgive me for starting this new thread.

A couple camera issues? Or software issues?
Is it possible that this is because I turned on the FSD visualization? Any help would be truly appreciated.

1) It doesn’t show parked cars or pedestrians on the sidewalk, but shows garbage cans on the street no problem.
2) When an approaching car shows up on the screen and appears to be in the blind spot it’s actually already right next to me and it’s too late. There seems to be a camera lag.
Am I alone here?

I started a similar thread and couldn’t edit the OP nor delete it; please forgive me for starting this new thread.
Sorry, I mean the visualization of the “red”approaching car on the screen, not the actual camera feed.

Parked cars and in general cars that don't affect your trajectory and influence your driving dynamically do not appear, at least that's my understanding. The car sees them anyway but they are not represented on screen, They are deemed part of the static obstacles like curbs as far as I understand. Traffic cones might be in the lane so they are more important, and the car shows them to explain why it changes its trajectory sometimes. I'm not sure why garbage bins would show... maybe they might move with a strong wind gust?
The visualization area is to help you (the human) understand what the car sees, it's not meant as a driving aid (in my opinion). The side blinker camera feed, if you turn it on, can be seen as a driver aid and that is direct without delay. If you turn on your blinker and start moving sideways and there is a car that you will make contact with, then it turns red on screen and you might have an alarm too. The car turns red to help you understand the alarm.