Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Founders Powerwall 2s for sale (incl installation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that Tesla has changed their policy on the PW2 referral awards, and are allowing people, in certain circumstances, to assign the award to friends/family, with the following conditions/information requirements:

- Full legal name of the new awardee (who must be listed as the homeowner on the deed for the install property)
- Address of the desired installation site (which must be in a Tesla-serviced ZIP code and meet all standard installation requirements)
- Contact information for the new account holder

That said, a friend of mine has two red founders PW2 awards (not the 'signed' ones) to "assign". He asked me to help find a buyer and work the transaction, since I have been through it all before. I believe the award still includes up to $1000 of installation credit (anything above that is the buyer's responsibility -- I've seen this vary between $500 and $1500 additional). He's asking $6,000 each, or $12,000 for both PW2s (not sold separately). I believe the income tax liability still falls on the referral award winner, so that shouldn't be a concern for the buyer.

If you fit the above criteria (own the property, in a Tesla-services zip code, and meet the install requirements), please contact/PM me and we can work out the details and contract terms.

Thanks.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Hank, Since Tesla-serviced ZIP code is part of the requirement, does that also mean, the buyer could take delivery directly from Tesla? I mean, your friend does not take delivery and ship to buyer. Tesla ships or delivers directly to buyer?

Hank, Since Tesla-serviced ZIP code is part of the requirement, does that also mean, the buyer could take delivery directly from Tesla? I mean, your friend does not take delivery and ship to buyer. Tesla ships or delivers directly to buyer?

My understanding is that the referral award is transferred to the new "buyer" and the buyer will be working with Tesla... They will be contacting the "buyer" for the following

(1) Copies of electricity bills for the past 3 to 9 months
(2) How you want it configured, whole home or just selective load circuits depending on how many Powerwalls you're getting.

They will do a design, provide a quote including installation costs. Any costs of $1000 will be out of pocket for the "buyer". Once you sign off on the design, then permitting starts, following by installation, inspection, and finally your electricity company has to give you permission to operate, and then you can turn it on.

Note: Tesla won't just ship you the Powerwall and Gateway as it must be installed by them and only in areas that they service.

Reactions: HankLloydRight