Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two incidents of new tire deflating by 50% in hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X was in-service (for about a month) waiting for new HV pack. Had new rubber placed on the car. Upon pick-up, “Low tire pressure” indicator and warning appeared. Promptly walked out of car and notified Service Manager. “Just drive it,” he says. “The warning will reset”. I’m not an expert on tire pressure indicators, but the nodding heads of all the other service members within earshot confirmed that this was a “thing”.

Off I go.…warning never went away. Right pax tire flatted < 50 miles. Destroyed. Sensor seemed to actually be correct

Three days later, new tire installed. Go to pick up car (2000 hrs), indicator warning on, and only 10 psi in the tire. Service center closed. Filled tire to spec at service station. Indicator warning resolved (imagine that). Checked tire this morning @ 0600. Indicated 20 psi.

Any insights?

Model X was in-service (for about a month) waiting for new HV pack. Had new rubber placed on the car. Upon pick-up, “Low tire pressure” indicator and warning appeared. Promptly walked out of car and notified Service Manager. “Just drive it,” he says. “The warning will reset”. I’m not an expert on tire pressure indicators, but the nodding heads of all the other service members within earshot confirmed that this was a “thing”.

Off I go.…warning never went away. Right pax tire flatted < 50 miles. Destroyed. Sensor seemed to actually be correct

Three days later, new tire installed. Go to pick up car (2000 hrs), indicator warning on, and only 10 psi in the tire. Service center closed. Filled tire to spec at service station. Indicator warning resolved (imagine that). Checked tire this morning @ 0600. Indicated 20 psi.

Any insights?
Cracked rim?

Upvote 0

Any insights?
Could also be that the seal around the TPMS or the TPMS valve core are leaking. Could be as simple a fix as tightening the TPMS nut or valve core. Or there could be a crack or damage to a TPMS component.

Upvote 0