Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Model 3 changes - Beginning of June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted the short version elsewhere but here goes: in SoCal, took delivery of a Model AWD and it came with the USB-C wireless charger. Says it was manufactured in Fremont, VIN is 711xxx.

(For another thread, the touchless delivery was 45 minutes of horrendous bad and making me wrong, then 10 minutes of checklist checking while angry, and now 48 hours of owner bliss.)

Posted the short version elsewhere but here goes: in SoCal, took delivery of a Model AWD and it came with the USB-C wireless charger. Says it was manufactured in Fremont, VIN is 711xxx.

(For another thread, the touchless delivery was 45 minutes of horrendous bad and making me wrong, then 10 minutes of checklist checking while angry, and now 48 hours of owner bliss.)

>Model 3, of course

I picked up my Model 3 today. My advisor said it was built on 6/5. It came with USB C and the wireless charger.
our 2yr old plug-in minivan came w/ wirwless charging (and ventilated / cooled seats - which Tesla did away with shortly after we ordered grey leather in our Model S - which of course, gray leather was done away with also) . Didn't know old Tech is now a big deal.

The trunk carpet cover of my Model 3 (2018/10) is made of a single piece.

But I noticed this Model 3 having two pieces, where the rear sub-trunk and the liner behind the rear seat are independent.

- Does any one noticed this difference, and when did it occurred?

Model 3 - Trunk Cover 2 pieces .jpg

Model 3 - Trunk Cover Subtrunk Removed .jpg

Wait, the Model 3 and Y don't have Homelink? I can't open and close my garage with the car? IS THIS A JOKE?

Nope, Tesla removed it from the cars and made it a $300 optional purchase because apparently most people don't use it and Tesla didn't want to pay the licensing fee for all of the unused Homelink modules.

Thanks! Odd that it does not use 12V/3A max since that would not have required any step-down conversion from 12V power on max.

Most automotive 12V systems are actually 12.7V - 13.2V (probably too high for 12V USB-PD) and are not nearly stable enough to directly use as a USB-PD output. It is possible that Tesla is different, but I doubt it.

So to get a nice clean 12V for USB-PD, you are going to need a 12V power supply. And most 12V power supplies require more than 12.7V input. To get a quality 12V output, you would have to boost the 12.7V up to 16V, and and then drop it back down to 12V. Much easier to just use a 9V power supply which will gladly accept 12.7V as input.

Last edited: