Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

aychdub

Jun 14, 2020
SoCal
Posted the short version elsewhere but here goes: in SoCal, took delivery of a Model AWD and it came with the USB-C wireless charger. Says it was manufactured in Fremont, VIN is 711xxx.

(For another thread, the touchless delivery was 45 minutes of horrendous bad and making me wrong, then 10 minutes of checklist checking while angry, and now 48 hours of owner bliss.)

aychdub

Jun 14, 2020
SoCal
Posted the short version elsewhere but here goes: in SoCal, took delivery of a Model AWD and it came with the USB-C wireless charger. Says it was manufactured in Fremont, VIN is 711xxx.

(For another thread, the touchless delivery was 45 minutes of horrendous bad and making me wrong, then 10 minutes of checklist checking while angry, and now 48 hours of owner bliss.)

>Model 3, of course

calbear88

Mar 3, 2020
California
A friend ordered a long range AWD on 6/6/20.

She received a text text on 6/12/20 that delivery is ready to be scheduled.

Took delivery on 6/14/20 VIN 735XXX and it had usb-c ports in rear, and a charging pad.

Reactions: willow_hiller

hill

high fiber member
Apr 21, 2015
either MT or TN
I picked up my Model 3 today. My advisor said it was built on 6/5. It came with USB C and the wireless charger.
our 2yr old plug-in minivan came w/ wirwless charging (and ventilated / cooled seats - which Tesla did away with shortly after we ordered grey leather in our Model S - which of course, gray leather was done away with also) . Didn't know old Tech is now a big deal.

madewith

Jun 11, 2020
Long Beach
Can someone check if my Model 3 will have the new plugs and chargers?

711xxx
I took delivery of my AWD M3 yesterday. Has the wireless charging and usb c plugs.
VIN is 711xxx. Ordered 6/8, got the ready text 6/10, took delivery 6/13.

delivery was great, went through my checklist. Besides some minor alignment issues, I didn’t really think or care to complain.

2021 M3P

Jun 8, 2020
Los Angeles
Got my Model 3 Performance on Friday. Came with USB C wireless charger + USB A port next to it.

Everything was flawless on the car except for a panel on the rear sitting a bit higher and a light scratch on the steering wheel.

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
The trunk carpet cover of my Model 3 (2018/10) is made of a single piece.

But I noticed this Model 3 having two pieces, where the rear sub-trunk and the liner behind the rear seat are independent.

- Does any one noticed this difference, and when did it occurred?

Model 3 - Trunk Cover 2 pieces .jpg

Model 3 - Trunk Cover Subtrunk Removed .jpg

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
The $125 wireless charger part Tesla is selling sends 5 watts to each dock.
That is fairly useless to me, and most certainly not worth $125. Is the OEM any better ?

zdre

40kWh Model S, Model 3LR
Jan 18, 2010
St. Louis
Does anyone know what max power these usb-c ports provide? Easiest way to measure is probably plugging in a Mac using the native apple power cord and running "pmset -g ac" on command line

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod

cypho

Dec 20, 2018
USA
Does anyone know what max power these usb-c ports provide? Easiest way to measure is probably plugging in a Mac using the native apple power cord and running "pmset -g ac" on command line
Model Y is 9v * 3A = 27W. Presumably the new Model 3 is the same.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod

cypho

Dec 20, 2018
USA
Thanks! Odd that it does not use 12V/3A max since that would not have required any step-down conversion from 12V power on max.

Most automotive 12V systems are actually 12.7V - 13.2V (probably too high for 12V USB-PD) and are not nearly stable enough to directly use as a USB-PD output. It is possible that Tesla is different, but I doubt it.

So to get a nice clean 12V for USB-PD, you are going to need a 12V power supply. And most 12V power supplies require more than 12.7V input. To get a quality 12V output, you would have to boost the 12.7V up to 16V, and and then drop it back down to 12V. Much easier to just use a 9V power supply which will gladly accept 12.7V as input.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC