Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Model 3 changes - Beginning of June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be nice if someone can confirm this next week. And also I am curious about the build quality. The MY has some serious production issues - I heard they are building them in the M3 tent? Hopefully the M3 is on a good track as it was a solid build for some time.

Can’t speak for all M3s, but my M3 build quality is great. Couldn’t find really anything wrong with it. Could be that I’m not discerning enough or too excited to care but I am very pleased with it!

Reactions: hcdavis3 and house9
Unless the factory closing/reopening was the changeover point? We'll see!

We will see in a couple of weeks.

I assume when the factory shut there were some partially completed cars in the line, probably all LHD with 71xx VINs. (Mere assumption on my part)

Typically RHD vehicles are produced in the first month of the quarter so after shipping they can still be delivered in that quarter. In this case they've produced a bunch from 17/5 so they were possibly fresh builds reflecting the higher VINs.

All probably depends on how much stock Tesla had of the old USB parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: c615586
I would love to know what the VIN sequencing is. Mine was built on 1 Jun, VIN 720xxx. Delivery 23 Jun. My SA couldn’t tell me one way or another. I’ve ordered a Jeda hub and charger. I guess we’ll see what actually shows up with the car. Worst case I can ship the hub back and exchange for a MY version.

I contacted my local Tesla store to confirm my pick up date/time for this Sunday because I hadn't heard anything from them. Because I ordered online and my SA is based in Las Vegas, the person I spoke with couldn't confirm whether the car was going to be available on Sunday or if it was even in Columbus, yet. He basically told me that unless I hear otherwise to assume everything is go for Sunday.

I've sent a couple of emails to my SA to confirm availability and to see if she knows anything about the USB-C and wireless charging production changes and she hasn't responded in two days.

I know three years ago is a long time, but this is completely different from the experience I had when I picked up my Model S... or even last year when my wife got her Model X.

Last edited: