Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Model 3 Dual Motors compared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you take for alignment. Not a Tesla SC, right?

Just reporting back and confirming several other posters previous posts. I went to get an alignment today and indeed it was off. Here is my report on it. @KenC also tires rotated at 6200 miles. A bit of inside cup as well.

Have not had a full day of driving yet to see the true results wh/mi but the noise reduction is dramatic(installed door seals, roof gasket kit....)

The other model 3 is going to get an alignment next week.

I did not provide jack pads, but I did ask how they were lifting it and they had pads on their 4 point lifts and went under the jack points. They even took me into the shop to show me.

Thanks! If I may ask, how much did they charge you for the four wheel alignment? I’m wondering if I should take mine in, just because, in an effort to avoid future cupping and lost efficiency. I’m getting around 250 wH/mi for the first 800 miles.

It was $85 and tire rotation is a free service they offer. They had no issues with the model 3.

Do it for piece of mind. Clearly the little details like paint are lost on tesla, so why should alignment be any different. Our other M3 is going in next week.

About to embark on a 100 mile drive up RT 100 in Vermont so I'll see how it goes. I was at about 240 wh/mile.

Reactions: 22522
It was $85 and tire rotation is a free service they offer. They had no issues with the model 3.

Do it for piece of mind. Clearly the little details like paint are lost on tesla, so why should alignment be any different. Our other M3 is going in next week.

About to embark on a 100 mile drive up RT 100 in Vermont so I'll see how it goes. I was at about 240 wh/mile.

Thanks for all of the information! I might just do it for $85! Four wheel alignment, not two wheel, right?

We have two model 3 AWD Dual Motor cars. We went all in! Both configured the same except for color.

Both running Aero's.
Both running OEM primacy's.
Both running 42PSI.
Hers has had her tires rotated and the tires have about 2500 more miles on them.(hers 8500 miles, mine 6000 miles)
Same road as we only turn right or left out of our neighborhood as the comparison. Same speed.

Every time I get into my wife's car I am always amazed at how the road noise is several Db's less than mine.

The tire wear seems fine(not scientific but looks like i have 7/32 left with even wear with 6,000 miles.

My car after driving hers this morning she was getting under 200wh per mile on a drive I am always at about 220-240.

Makes me feel like I have a wheel bearing issue.

What am I missing here to help narrow this down and get help, if help is needed?

Well driving Style is absolutely huge in terms of its impact. I assume you are describing disparity in mileage based on each of you driving your own cars? The only other factor of course might be alignment. That can be worth easily 10 to even 30 watt hours per mile but one of the cars would really have to be out of alignment for that to be the case.

Well driving Style is absolutely huge in terms of its impact. I assume you are describing disparity in mileage based on each of you driving your own cars? The only other factor of course might be alignment. That can be worth easily 10 to even 30 watt hours per mile but one of the cars would really have to be out of alignment for that to be the case.

Your post is spot on. I have driven both cars in similar fashion. Just finished a 60 mile ride(of 130 today) and I am down approximately 35wh/mi I was actually driving kind of fast(RT 100 in the green mtn forest!) compared to my normal driving and up hill. I am sold when it comes to alignment.

I drive her car the same way. My initial thought when ever I get into our other model 3(same spec) is man this is so quiet!

Get an alignment kids! Totally worth it and makes me realize I am going to do it to every new car from now on. Best $85 spent.

Reactions: 22522