Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two new features none of us know about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably this, or something similar, and LED lights. Plus some other minor features.

Someone educate me here. Why do people care so much about LED headlights? Yes, they are better than other existing technologies, but I don't see how this is going to delight customers. Not even worthy of camouflage in my opinion. Moves the needle very little for me, and i'm guessing, most consumers would feel the same also.

I thought #2 -- in your post -- was a KNOWN value. This thread is related to surprises.

LED headlights is not listed under features in the leaked design studio images. It's widely rumored to be a feature but I don't know that Tesla ever said it officially.

That being said, I'd be disappointed with Tesla if this was one if "unknown features". It's industry standard fir high end vehicles now.

Therefore my vote is:
1. No cross beam front screen extending far back (remember no pictures of the car from the sides or front in the leaked images)
2. 360 degree cameras with very cool software features for parking and maneuvering.

360 camera is one of the best new innovations in vehicle safety in a long time. I have it now on our GL we bought because I couldn't wait any longer for the X, we needed a 7 person SUV in April. I told my son's friends that the 360 camera was really a camera on a selfie stick that pops up out of the roof when they asked how the picture had the car in it, and of course the believed it for a few minutes until I explained how it really worked. They really missed a huge opportunity if it's not an option on the X.

Someone educate me here. Why do people care so much about LED headlights? Yes, they are better than other existing technologies, but I don't see how this is going to delight customers. Not even worthy of camouflage in my opinion. Moves the needle very little for me, and i'm guessing, most consumers would feel the same also.

It wouldn't move the needle for me either, but LED headlights are immensely more efficient than halogen or low voltage xenon headlights. Life expectancy is upt to 25x higher, energy consumption is about one tenth of halogen. Full LED headlights would simply fit perfectly to Tesla's energy efficiency narrative and would also reduce energy consumption somewhat.

360 camera is one of the best new innovations in vehicle safety in a long time. I have it now on our GL we bought because I couldn't wait any longer for the X, we needed a 7 person SUV in April. I told my son's friends that the 360 camera was really a camera on a selfie stick that pops up out of the roof when they asked how the picture had the car in it, and of course the believed it for a few minutes until I explained how it really worked. They really missed a huge opportunity if it's not an option on the X.

Maybe it will be standard! :)

I just want some frickin' headlights with frickin' lasers attached to them -- is that too much to ask?

"You're going to have to pay me 1 million dollars!"

Elon-Musk.jpg