Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two new features none of us know about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the unknown new features have to be new technology?

It's definitely not as sexy or fancy as windows and headlights, but one possibility is a kneeling air suspension that helps load cargo in the back. It's not new technology, but a long travel suspension would also help raise the vehicle when needed to clear obstacles. This helps the "utility" street cred.

Last edited:
Whatever they bring out, there will be some element of disappointment associated with it, so it will probably be "Interesting, but not really usable".

I'm voting for:

1) 110V outlet, but restricted to 200W
2) Spare tire - but requires you to remove the 3rd row seats to get to it

Whatever they bring out, there will be some element of disappointment associated with it, so it will probably be "Interesting, but not really usable".

I'm voting for:

1) 110V outlet, but restricted to 200W
2) Spare tire - but requires you to remove the 3rd row seats to get to it

Those would both be very useful but don't fall into the secret "bells and whistles" category for me. I don't think adding those would've delayed the X much at all. I'm thinking there has to be some kind of gadget or new technology which was responsible for the delays (besides the falcon wing doors and second row seats) based on comments that Elon made back in February.

My signature summary of course lists many possibilities in many categories, but what I'm personally hoping for is next-generation driver assistance hardware made it to the Model X Sig already, and not come, say, six months after Sigs only. After all, Elon said they were working on a step beyond the current auto-pilot for the Model X. Hopefully this includes the likes of new radars, all-around cameras, new GPUs and innovative software use thereof.

New Key-Fob function for locating your Tesla in a parking-lot; USE-THE-SCHWARTZ! (Hold the Fob at your crotch, Fob emits laser/lights whilst said Tesla also emits lights! (maybe the cornering lights look inwards + outwards?))

Yogurt - "Use the Schwartz!"

:cool:

That would be nice. You'd think with all of the cameras being added to cars these days that integrated dash cams would've become an option on a lot more cars.

360 degree dashcam constantly recording to a local SSD, 48 hours worth of constant HD footage 360, no matter if the car is parked or moving. The ability for the user to access this and pull out clips (for evidence or just for fun), have the video feed time stamped and tagged for events such as being bumped in to while parked, and of course accidents such as sudden deceleration, flipping over and such things.

Also, if the car is in an accident we know Tesla sometimes call right after to see if the owner is OK - I've read of several instances of this (first that comes to mind is when dmundjal was in a bad crash where he let his landscaper test drive). I think it could be several things triggering such an alert at Tesla HQ, one obvious thing would be having airbags deploy.

Anyway, imagine how cool it would be if the car in the case of such an event started feeding 360 video to Tesla HQ (assuming the systems are still intact or semi-intact and the car has internet connection) where they could help assess the situation, guide first responders etc.

New Key-Fob function for locating your Tesla in a parking-lot; USE-THE-SCHWARTZ! (Hold the Fob at your crotch, Fob emits laser/lights whilst said Tesla also emits lights! (maybe the cornering lights look inwards + outwards?))

Yogurt - "Use the Schwartz!"

:cool:

"Yogurt? I love yogurt!"
"You idiots, you've captured their stunt doubles!"
"Ummm, you taste good, boss!"

How about a cool BMW-style key fob with info?
bmw-i8-keyfob-images-01.jpg