TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Two paired phones in car, which one connnects?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Scottharr27, May 31, 2018.

1. Scottharr27

Scottharr27 Member

If my wife and I pair our phones to our model x and we’re in the car together with our phones, which phone does the model x connect to?

2. DaddyP713

DaddyP713 Member

From my experience, it's usually the phone that you don't want to connect that actually does connect...

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Appears to usually be the phone that is detected first, so it's a race to see who can get close to the car first...

Tesla should be able to handle multiple BT devices at the same time - which would make this much easier...

• Like x 2
  4. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

+1

Easy enough to switch when you are in the car. Would be nice if it showed the name of the phone in the header next to the BT icon.[/QUOTE]

5. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

Not based on any scientific research, but my kids all have their phones set up as devices, and from what I gather, it connects to whichever device was last connected. ie - If my phone was originally connected, when my daughter switches to her phone, then we get out of the car for a stop then get back in later, hers is connected.

6. Need

Need Active Member

The real answer is probably the first phone detected or last phone connected, but this one is the BEST answer! :D

Our MX has 5 phones paired and somehow it always connected to our son's iPhone on the weekend when we all got into the car.

• Funny x 1
  7. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.42.2

Hopefully that will come eventually. I know I've been in other cars that can pair with two phones at once and either one of them were able to receive incoming calls.

8. Lump

Lump Active Member

Be nice if the phone was added to the driver profile\FOB, so as I open the drivers door with my FOB the car knows to connect to my phone & not my wifes.

• Like x 4