Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two paired phones in car, which one connnects?

bob_p

Apr 5, 2012
Appears to usually be the phone that is detected first, so it's a race to see who can get close to the car first...

Tesla should be able to handle multiple BT devices at the same time - which would make this much easier...

gjunky

Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs
Mar 26, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Appears to usually be the phone that is detected first, so it's a race to see who can get close to the car first.

+1

Easy enough to switch when you are in the car. Would be nice if it showed the name of the phone in the header next to the BT icon.[/QUOTE]

Sprandt23

Sep 13, 2017
St. Louis
Not based on any scientific research, but my kids all have their phones set up as devices, and from what I gather, it connects to whichever device was last connected. ie - If my phone was originally connected, when my daughter switches to her phone, then we get out of the car for a stop then get back in later, hers is connected.

Need

Nov 22, 2017
Rancho Cucamonga
From my experience, it's usually the phone that you don't want to connect that actually does connect...

The real answer is probably the first phone detected or last phone connected, but this one is the BEST answer! :D

Our MX has 5 phones paired and somehow it always connected to our son's iPhone on the weekend when we all got into the car.

• Funny
Reactions: DaddyP713

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Appears to usually be the phone that is detected first, so it's a race to see who can get close to the car first...

Tesla should be able to handle multiple BT devices at the same time - which would make this much easier...
Hopefully that will come eventually. I know I've been in other cars that can pair with two phones at once and either one of them were able to receive incoming calls.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC