Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two piece trunk mat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a two piece mat for the trunk area?

All the ones I've seen so far are one big piece and that would make it difficult if not impossible to get to the smaller storage area by the back seats. I would like to have two independent mats for the rear of the car and I'm holding out ordering anything until I find a solution like that. I imagine that most manufacturers are thinking to protect from spills in that entire area and a two piece mat would require a ridge between the two storage spaces which would catch things if you are trying to slide them in. It is a bit of a quandary but I would hope someone comes out with a two piece option.

My plan for the smaller (and it really isn't that big) rear storage area is to store things I am likely not going to need on a regular basis. Tire "fix a flat" can, 12v tire pump, roadside emergency kit, first aid kit, etc. If I need it for a roadside emergency, I'll remove the floor mat covering it. It should hopefully be a "never" occurrence, as it was in my last vehicle.

Reactions: Dennisis
My plan for the smaller (and it really isn't that big) rear storage area is to store things I am likely not going to need on a regular basis. Tire "fix a flat" can, 12v tire pump, roadside emergency kit, first aid kit, etc. If I need it for a roadside emergency, I'll remove the floor mat covering it. It should hopefully be a "never" occurrence, as it was in my last vehicle.
Yeah, that is probably the stuff that I would wind up putting in that smaller compartment. Even the travel charger as I really don't expect to have to use non-Tesla charges when traveling. I'm in no real hurry, so I'm hoping that someone comes out with a two piece mat set but in the mean time, I'll wait and see who is brave enough to try cutting one in two. Maybe WeatherTech will come up with a solution since they don't have any Model Y accessories yet. I like rigid mats for the storage areas but I don't like them for the passenger area.

I thought about cutting my Tesmanian trunk mats along the ridge so i can get to the shallow area easier but haven't fully committed to the idea yet.
I wouldn't do that. Whole propose is that in case something leaks, it won't get to the carpeted area. that would defeat the purpose. Couple weeks ago, I spilled some soup in the trunk area and it was everywhere! The car stinks for awhile until I had the chance to use my power washer to clean the removable pieces. So glad to have all season mats now to protect against something like that happen again.