Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two questions about new forum presentation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, two things I'm having trouble with on the new forum look:

1) How to get it to use the whole width of my browser window.
- I still have some tabs open from the whole page, they used to use the entire width of my screen. Now I have a huge waste of space on both sides, meaning I get less content in each vertical page. How do I go back to not wasting ~1/3 of my nice display?

2) How to see which threads are unread in a forum
- There used to be a nice dot next to each thread showing which ones were unread. Now it seems to only make the thread title bold, which is barely distinguishable from the un-bolded titles. How do I get the dot back?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
- I still have some tabs open from the whole page, they used to use the entire width of my screen. Now I have a huge waste of space on both sides, meaning I get less content in each vertical page. How do I go back to not wasting ~1/3 of my nice display?
ink.png

- There used to be a nice dot next to each thread showing which ones were unread. Now it seems to only make the thread title bold, which is barely distinguishable from the un-bolded titles. How do I get the dot back?
Yeah, we'll work on getting a dot there soon.
From another forum believe that's a limitation of the new software - it's only designed to scale so far.

Whitespace is even worse on mobile.
when I go to my favourite subforum I can only see one thread as the screen loads

as I scroll down can only see 6 thread topics at a time (used to be 10-12 from memory)

Upvote 0
ink.png

Yeah, we'll work on getting a dot there soon.

Upvote 1
Solution
The new update sucks. It’s worse than the Tesla forums were. What’s worse is I had to make a second account to tell them they broke the google login and now I can’t log out.

my question for them was “why” what was wrong with the old forums

Upvote 0
The new update sucks. It’s worse than the Tesla forums were. What’s worse is I had to make a second account to tell them they broke the google login and now I can’t log out.

my question for them was “why” what was wrong with the old forums
I know changes are difficult, sometimes even scary. Don't worry, you are not alone, we are in this together. 😂

Upvote 0