TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Two separate accounts access solar info?

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by Maaz, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Maaz

Maaz Member

hey everyone, we just got our solar and powerwall installed in our home a couple of days ago. We are a household of 6 Tesla’s. Me and my father have two separate Tesla accounts. The solar information obviously only shows on his account since that’s the account we ordered through. However before purchasing we were told I would also be able to access the solar information within the app through my account. I called yesterday and a customer service employee named Sherry said this was impossible. Anyone else have the ability to do this ?

2. zanary

zanary Member

It can be done. My house has Solar with Powerwall purchased under my account, and we mailed Powerwall support and told them that we wanted my Wife's My Tesla account to also see it and that I authrozed it. I also cc'ed her email and within a week we both see our Solar + Powerwall. This was back in 2017 Sept, but not too sure if things changed.

We did this same for my Model S and her Model X, so that we both see two Tesla and the House with Solar + Powerwall.

3. Maaz

Maaz Member

Hmm thank you for the response. I will call again on Monday. If not email them as well.

4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.20.4.2

We have our Powerwalls showing on two different accounts. I noticed that one account also has a My Home solar 'product' that just shows the solar production. It is similar to the view you get when looking at the Powerwall Energy Usage screen and just selecting the solar...but it isn't exactly the same. Since it is of limited value, I haven't bothered asking to have the My Home solar product added to the other account.

• Like x 1
  5. Maaz

Maaz Member

Thank you everyone for the responses. Tesla added our other account to access solar!