Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two separate accounts access solar info?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Maaz

Oct 6, 2014
Torrance
hey everyone, we just got our solar and powerwall installed in our home a couple of days ago. We are a household of 6 Tesla’s. Me and my father have two separate Tesla accounts. The solar information obviously only shows on his account since that’s the account we ordered through. However before purchasing we were told I would also be able to access the solar information within the app through my account. I called yesterday and a customer service employee named Sherry said this was impossible. Anyone else have the ability to do this ?

It can be done. My house has Solar with Powerwall purchased under my account, and we mailed Powerwall support and told them that we wanted my Wife's My Tesla account to also see it and that I authrozed it. I also cc'ed her email and within a week we both see our Solar + Powerwall. This was back in 2017 Sept, but not too sure if things changed.

We did this same for my Model S and her Model X, so that we both see two Tesla and the House with Solar + Powerwall.

It can be done. My house has Solar with Powerwall purchased under my account, and we mailed Powerwall support and told them that we wanted my Wife's My Tesla account to also see it and that I authrozed it. I also cc'ed her email and within a week we both see our Solar + Powerwall. This was back in 2017 Sept, but not too sure if things changed.

We did this same for my Model S and her Model X, so that we both see two Tesla and the House with Solar + Powerwall.

Hmm thank you for the response. I will call again on Monday. If not email them as well.

We have our Powerwalls showing on two different accounts. I noticed that one account also has a My Home solar 'product' that just shows the solar production. It is similar to the view you get when looking at the Powerwall Energy Usage screen and just selecting the solar...but it isn't exactly the same. Since it is of limited value, I haven't bothered asking to have the My Home solar product added to the other account.

Reactions: Maaz
Sorry to resurrect this thread. May I ask which email address you used to get another account to access the Powerwall data?

Thank you :)

Sorry to resurrect this thread too. I just called and they said it can’t be done and it is requested all the time. Can anyone give me the email used to accomplish this?
sorry for the late responses guys, I cant recall it being an email request, I had someone on the phone help me with the situation.