Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two small oil like patches 29 in apart at front about in line with the front wheels,thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody have any thoughts on this. New car under 1000 miles MYP . Slightly oily feel, no smell . No oil on edges of front undert tray. Thought 29 inches is about the width of the undertray at that point. Have put paper down and will watch out for it again . Thought?

open up the under tray and see what is dripping oil.
100% agree open up your less then 1000 mile under carriage and have tesla blame you for causing the damage when you have a warranty that will cover this work already.

but hey go ahead be a little mechanic and play with tesla and be just like the guy who purchased a car and had a coolant leak and tesla blamed him for messing with the cables causing the leak.

• Funny
Reactions: pl8dlikafiddle
100% agree open up your less then 1000 mile under carriage and have tesla blame you for causing the damage when you have a warranty that will cover this work already.

but hey go ahead be a little mechanic and play with tesla and be just like the guy who purchased a car and had a coolant leak and tesla blamed him for messing with the cables causing the leak.
haha. I am assuming you have no idea, and that's okay. Most Tesla owners are not car people. Opening up the undertray which involves several plastic clips and metal screws and it drops free, which will NOT void any warranty.

Reactions: pl8dlikafiddle
Color?

Blue - Tesla coolant (Slippery to the touch)
Yellow - AC compressor oil (Slippery to the touch. Color is fluorescent yellow with a sort of green tint like a yellow tennis ball (glows faintly under a black light in the dark.)
Clear to pale gold - brake fluid (may not have an odor when new, old brake fluid can smell like dead fish)
Red - drive unit fluid (like ATF fluid)

haha. I am assuming you have no idea, and that's okay. Most Tesla owners are not car people. Opening up the undertray which involves several plastic clips and metal screws and it drops free, which will NOT void any warranty.
No I am comfortable with opening my car up but if you have not seen just recently Tesla just refused to do a good will warranty because it looked like someone opened up the undercarriage and moved one of the lines to sit in another position which supposedly caused the issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Aviateur17