TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Two Tesla Model 3 Reservations. Ready to Configure.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by m3rounder, Jun 26, 2018.

1. m3rounder

m3rounder New Member

Hello TMC,

Not sure if this is the right place or even allowed, but figure I would post it see what happens. I purchased two Model 3 reservations the first day available, March 31, 2016. The cars are both ready to be designed now and delivery is in 3-6 weeks. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am looking to sell the reservations.

Since I have two reservations, the best way to protect you and I, and ensure that you are able to get tax credit ($7,500 federal and $2,500 California) on both is to find someone that would like both reservations. I am asking $5000 for both (this includes the $2000 in deposits I already put down).

If interested please give me a call and I'm sure we can both get comfortable with this deal. 408-438-0104. Tesla Res 1.jpg
    Thank you for your time.

Byron

• Funny x 1
  2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

So are you looking to purchase the cars and then transfer them? Because unless something has changed, you can’t legally (per Tesla) transfer reservations. (Some exceptions in a family, etc.)

3. m3rounder

m3rounder New Member

I would transfer my whole Tesla account as well as associated neutral email account to new owner. I have done some research and it looks like people are being successful with this approach.

4. gambit48

gambit48 Member

I'm in the process of doing so. But to my dad. I asked if I could for a cousin with a different last name (out of curiosity). Tesla doesn't seem to care. Rep just said to have them set up their own Tesla account, and once all the info was loaded in, he could manually transfer it over. Note, the non-refundable $2500 has already been paid and car is ready to be scheduled for delivery. I dunno what would happen if the car hasn't been ordered yet.

• Informative x 1
  5. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

Just FYI my coworker paid $300 for an invite on eBay a month ago. Your price seems very high. Are they AWD/P invites?

6. clove503

clove503 Member

Invites aren't worth anything these days. The Model 3 goes for ~retail on ebay.

7. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

So you're asking for $1,500 per invite, with a minimum purchase requirement of 2? That seems excessively high, unless they're performance/AWD invites.

8. Bombero1394

Bombero1394 Member

AFC63D2A-49E2-4107-90B9-450C53721DED.png
    I have a AWD/P invite if anyone is interested. I’m sure we can work something out. And my invite shows a lower price than originally advertised. I’m seeing that all over now. $64k base

9. glide

glide Member

Ebay inviates were going for over 2K this week. And that is when performance was still $74K. I have to imagine they are worth more than that now...

10. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

Wow. My coworker bought at the right time. I wonder why they went up.

11. GoodOmens

GoodOmens Member

Supply. They will go down again when a new round comes out.

12. glide

glide Member

And will go up again as the tax credit deadline approaches.

13. m3rounder

m3rounder New Member

You can do the "Performance" model. 64K. I just looked on Ebay and they were going between $1500-2000, the last 10 sold. I'm open to OBO, was hoping to avoid Ebay fee's and most people I have dealt with on Craigslist have been pretty flaky.

14. gambit48

gambit48 Member

That's looking like end of 2018.

15. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

I am just hoping the 3-5 month estimate timeline is accurate. As long as people get 7500 til end of 2018 it will be ok... but if the announce 200000k mark next week... internet will break for sure!!!

16. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

You better sell them quick then! The rumor is they're going to invite everyone soon so they can load up on performance sales in Q3. That's why the delivery estimates are so long right now.

17. m3rounder

m3rounder New Member

I just listed them on ebay for $4500. Considering fees I would take $4000 outside of ebay. I think $1,000 a piece is pretty reasonable to jump to the front of the line. I'll see what happens. If anyone is interested, my cell is 408-438-0104.

18. Msjulie

Msjulie Member

Just FYI there's another thread here about reservations opening - we put one in on 5/15 and it's ready to design. Another person replied they put a reservation in on 6/24 and they too can design - $$ for Tesla and getting folks in under the wire - works for me

19. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

Value of invites just dropped to near zero. I would try a 1 hour auction on eBay!