TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Two Tesla Roadster owners in Bay Area make their cars available to rent

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by lary, Jul 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. lary

lary New Member

The owners of these 2 Roadsters are part of a larger car-owner community. Each owner establishes a daily & weekly rental rate. The Tesla Roadsters rent for $100 per day.

The transactions are mediated by a recently-formed organization -- it provides comprehensive insurance protection for owners. Does anyone know the name of this organization?

Any leads greatly appreciated !!

-- Larry Greisel

2. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Nope, but $100 / day is way too low imo.

3. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

#3 mnx, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    I remember reading about it at one point.... I tried searching and came up with Getaround - Peer-to-peer car sharing and local car rental
    Looks like the rate was 25$/hour, but is now 50$/hour...

Getaround offers $25-per-hour Tesla rentals | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Hertz rents Roadsters too in some markets (NYC and LA I think)... Not sure about SF though.

Hertz

7. jaanton

jaanton Roadster NA #1026

This is the same car picture as the car up for sale as a bank repo. I'm not sure I would say that the owner made this car available to rent.

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#8 TEG, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    I think that is a Tesla "stock photo" (taken in San Diego), so may not indicate that it is the same car.

Roadster Image Gallery | Photo Details | Tesla Motors

9. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I got invited to the launch party of this start-up luxury car share program HiGear - My Cars

Seems like a high-end Get Around. Looks like they have at least one Tesla.

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

From that site: