Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Tesla top manufacturing executives to leave following Model X production issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two Tesla top manufacturing executives to leave following Model X production issues

“A person familiar with the situation who isn’t authorized to speak about the matter said the executive changes are linked to delays, glitches, and a recall that have bedeviled Tesla’s Model X. Tesla denied any connection between the departures and production problems with its SUV. “This is not about the Model X,” said a Tesla spokesperson. “After being at Tesla for over five years and leading its production team for the past three years, Greg Reichow has announced his intention to take a leave of absence from Tesla so that he can have a well-earned break.”

They need to hire someone who work for Japanese or German automakers to take over the QC department. Everything passes their eyes the quality will be on par with Nissan GTR or Porsche Cayenne.

Funny.
In these companies, quality is "Job One" and comes from the overall culture of the company.
I doubt they were the ones who decided to release cars at the end of the quarter regardless of the obvious quality issues.

And sleep is job two, as EM alluded to in his Q1 phone call that he has a sleeping bag and cot off the production floor, and his current work desk is situated at the end of the production line. Where was he last fall when he should have been doing this? Trying to land a Falcon on a barge

Well, some billionaires have a billion dollars yacht where they give big parties with some tiny rockets to make fireworks to attract there a few tens of VIP , others (at least one) have a (one million dollars ?) barge where he used to attract a big rocket coming back from space, trying NOT having a firework, and inspiring millions of people. It's a choice of living.:p

From the article
"..... Josh Ensign joined Tesla more recently in 2014. He is US Army veteran and joined Honeywell after retiring from the forces. He spent over a decade with the company in several manufacturing roles, more recently as VP of Integrated Supply Chain, before leaving for Tesla about 2 years ago ...."
Looked at Honeywell stock back 2+ years ago, then the earlier 8 years. The results were nothing to write home about, not that any one player or one department causes that. That said, we've had ex military come into our huge multinational corporation, after working for some other civilian company (which often they'd shmoozed prior to exiting the military). I can see how the fit with Tesla might be difficult. Most of our ex military have gone on to "find a better fit" too
;)

Reactions: Eugene Ash
After seeing some of the vehicles that landed at the SC and owner's homes, they SHOULD go......glad to see Elon is holding people accountable.

If the root cause was an over engineered car that they shouldn't have built, was the person who did that let go and held accountable? Or are the my just blaming people who couldn't build the car that they shouldn't have built?

I've read plenty of articles about how Tesla has a pretty heavy workload (applying to all levels of employees) and it is easy to burn out there. A lot of it is because Elon is such a workaholic and he expects his employees to do similar.

And sleep is job two, as EM alluded to in his Q1 phone call that he has a sleeping bag and cot off the production floor, and his current work desk is situated at the end of the production line. Where was he last fall when he should have been doing this? Trying to land a Falcon on a barge

Working at his primary job?

If the root cause was an over engineered car that they shouldn't have built, was the person who did that let go and held accountable? Or are the my just blaming people who couldn't build the car that they shouldn't have built?

Over engineer? Maybe

Should never had built? The market disagrees with you.

letting unfinished products roll out the door and get delivered? This is what boils Elon's and anyone else's blood.

If it isn't right, make it right, that was the guys job and after a couple hundred, he still never stood up. They also mentioned it was related to the Seat recall. I'm guessing these two people failed at their primary jobs.