TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Two Teslas - Columbia Pike

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Greg G, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Greg G

Greg G Member

As I was driving to Pentagon City this afternoon on Columbia Pike, I was surprised to see another blue Model S pull up beside and then turn right on to Glebe.

It's nice to know that with only 160 Model S vehicles in Virginia, we've got two already in south Arlington.

2. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Active Member

I'm curious, how did you get the 160 figure?

3. Greg G

Greg G Member

My state Senator, Adam Ebbin, had a call with the DMV Commissioner about the problems with opening the store in Tysons. During that conversation, the Commissioner mentioned the 160 figure. I don't have an as-of date for the figure, however.

4. RobinMS70D

RobinMS70D Member

I know this is a crazy old post, but FWIW, the neighborhood just off Columbia Pike in South Arlington "Alcova Heights", now has nine EVs in it - BEVs and PHEVs. This includes two Model Ss, two Chevy Bolts, two CMAX Energis, a Chrysler Pacifica, a Ford Fusion and a Chevy Spark. Additionally, there are three Model 3s on order in the neighborhood.

• Like x 1
  5. flipb

flipb Member

Opened this thread, saw "blue Model S driving on Columbia Pike" and got all excited because that's often an accurate description of me... then saw "160 Model S vehicles" and noted the date of the thread. Yeah, wasn't me. Took delivery (CPO) in 2016.