Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Teslas on Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings! I test drove a Model 3 a month ago and realized what I’d been missing. We keep our cars a long time and my wife’s 2006 BMW 530xi is starting to cost us a bit of money so we started talking about Teslas. A few things kept me away and on a down day on a Northern Vermont ski vacation, we started thinking Tesla. Then we realized.

1. There is a *free* level 2 charger at Smuggler’s Notch, where we ski. Ran into a nice fellow from Boston with a Tesla and he confirmed this and raved about his car (wish I’d caught his name, you out there?).

2. The supercharger in South Burlington, Vermont is located at my wife’s favorite grocery store in the world, Healthy Living Market (she hates packaging and they have tons of bulk food).

3. We didn’t think roof racks were available, they are. Range doesn’t go down as far as I’d thought.

Test drove a friend’s 3 and that got me thinking some more. We wound up ordering a used 2016 Model S 90D last week and it’s coming this Saturday. I was bummed that we aren’t getting a car with MCU 2, but it’s still a great car and, I hope upgradeable, plus it has FSD.

The kids (teenagers) thought the back seat wasn’t as comfy as they’d like. UGH! And I do a buy a lot of native plants, so I could use a bigger car. What the heck, I ordered a Y yesterday.

2. The supercharger in South Burlington, Vermont is located at my wife’s favorite grocery store in the world, Healthy Living Market (she hates packaging and they have tons of bulk food).

It's so cheap to charge an EV overnight while you sleep you might not bother with charging while grocery shopping.

You should look into getting a wall charger installed at home. EV ownership is much better that way.