Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two weeks away - charge now or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't anyone RTFM any more? Plug it in and let the battery management system manage the battery. If you want to set the charging level down to 50% that's fine, but 2 weeks isn't long term storage.

Parked in my driveway. Not a good idea to leave the UMC cord out on the ground in hot sun (not to mention possible vandalism) for two weeks, so, not plugged in.
Hence my question.

It's not essential, but I would charge to 90% and leave it. If I was in a colder climate/season, I would also put the display into energy saving mode and set it to range mode. Those things seem to reduce vampire drain.

Make sure that Always Connected is turned off and Energy Saving mode is turned on. Plus, be aware that third party sites (VisibleTesla, TeslaLog, etc.) that are constantly pinging the Tesla API will keep the car awake all the time (except for TeslaFi which has a sleep mode that works pretty well).

Parked in my driveway. Not a good idea to leave the UMC cord out on the ground in hot sun (not to mention possible vandalism) for two weeks, so, not plugged in.
Hence my question.

I would leave it at 55% with Energy Savings turned on and Always Connected off. The middle charge state (about 50-55%) is much better for the battery than leaving it at 90% if the car is not to be used for that long.

Reactions: jelloslug