Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Year. Model S Anniversary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jerry33

(S85-3/2/13 traded in) X LR: F2611##-3/27/20
Supporting Member
Mar 8, 2012
Texas
It's now exactly two years since delivery of my Model S.
40,011 miles
10,048 kW/h
251 Wh/mi
1 charger replacement
1 charging port replacement
4 door handle replacements
1 triangle window adjustment
1 skid plate installation
1 12V battery
Several alignments (I wish TM could get this right)
Assorted minor updates

All in all, this has been a great car with few problems and those were quickly dealt with and caused minimal inconvenience. Absolutely no regrets, and plenty of excitement.

It's now exactly two years since delivery of my Model S.
40,011 miles
10,048 kW/h
251 Wh/mi
1 charger replacement
1 charging port replacement
4 door handle replacements
1 triangle window adjustment
1 skid plate installation
1 12V battery
Several alignments (I wish TM could get this right)
Assorted minor updates

All in all, this has been a great car with few problems and those were quickly dealt with and caused minimal inconvenience. Absolutely no regrets, and plenty of excitement.

251 Wh/mi, wow! Lifetime average for all driving? That's quite outstanding. . . .

My Dolphin Grey Model S 85, named "Inspiration" also turned 2 years old today. Happy Second Birthday, Inspiration! I am vin P27174, with no Auto pilot.
38,956 miles
13,729 kWh
353 Wh/mi
2 charger replacements,
2 door handle replacements, separate incidents (rear drivers side and front passenger)
titanium shield installation
Preventative 10 inch Speedometer Cluster Monitor replacement
Contactor "Fuse failure" and replacement.
1 year Service visit
Panoramic roof rebuild and adjustment
Rear Trunk latch replacement and active rear trunk lift stanchion replacement.
2 rear Chrome Strip replacements
I have gone through tires pretty fast, My 19 Michelin OEM's wore out at about 10,000 miles as did my Continental DWS and Pirelli winter tires. I'm on my second set winter tires right now, with 400 miles on some new Michelin Ice3's. Speed limits here in Montana are 75-80 mph so I have driven her pretty hard.

Every repair was at zero cost to me and have been taken care of by rangers coming to my home from Denver, 716 mile away, Bellevue or Seattle 677 miles away, Salt Lake City 417 miles away and Spokane 399 miles. My car had to be taken to Seattle once to repair the contactor fuse failure and had my 1 year service done at the same time. They even had my car transported in an enclosed trailer when they had it shipped back to me.
Since yearly service is "optional", I think I would skip the first year and take it in for service the second year. Both interior and exterior wear have nothing to report. I take my car to a detailer 3 times per year for hand wash, wax and interior shampoo and use a touch less or hand spray car wash every week or two. I have had some water collect in the rear tail lights and had those replaced once also.
I love driving this car everyday to work, summer, and winter here in Montana and it has been a Dream. I have met many Tesla Buddies over the past 2 years which has been great also. I think I may Trade my car in next year, my 3rd year of ownership, since now there are next generation seats available, AWD and Auto Pilot features that would be a major upgrade. I have not reserved a Model X yet, but will as soon as our Ford van starts showing signs of needing replaced and will reserve a Model Y someday to replace my Ford Hybrid Escape. I am very happy with my Tesla Motors Inc purchase and how I have been taken care of so far!

Last edited:
Just turned 2 in November. 22,000 miles, 330Wh/mi
several 700 mile road trips

Replaced charge door magnet
replaced rear TESLA trim due to water vapor
had Titanium under shield put in

can't really think of any other problems.

Original tires, alignment, 12v and drive unit. Super reliable, much better than any European car I have owned....