Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two-year service time requirements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...typical timeframe...

It should only take 1 hour or 2.

2nd year, 25,000 miles for Model X maintenance:
1) Cabin Air Filter every 2 years
2) Brake fluid test every 2 years
3) Rotation / Wheel alignment every 1 year

However, if you use a very busy center, it may take several days to over a week because of the backlog.

Would you plan to use a new one in Bakersfield which should be open this month and tell us about it?

Service Center coming to Bakersfield, according to a Tesla Mobile Service tech

uh, maybe I misunderstood this, but I thought Tesla was recently saying that service is now on an as needed basis. No routine annual service. Is that right folks?
It should only take 1 hour or 2.

2nd year, 25,000 miles for Model X maintenance:
1) Cabin Air Filter every 2 years
2) Brake fluid test every 2 years
3) Rotation / Wheel alignment every 1 year

However, if you use a very busy center, it may take several days to over a week because of the backlog.

Would you plan to use a new one in Bakersfield which should be open this month and tell us about it?

Service Center coming to Bakersfield, according to a Tesla Mobile Service tech
Thanks Tam!
Good to know Bakersfield is opening up. I'll give them a call. I was going to do it with Costa Mesa but it's probably the busiest service center in SoCal.

If you look at Tesla's old 4-year annual maintenance schedule, year 1 and year 3 are not really necessary. Year 2 and 4 are necessary and so this isn't an annual service for my car but 2-year. You can't run your car until there's a problem. You have to have a maintenance schedule. If you search the forums here, the general consensus is to do maintenance at year 2 and year 4.

The title says "makes way for as-needed service".

So the services for Model X needed for its 2nd birthday are those 3 things listed above.

"No annual maintenance needed" is true when Cabin filter is to be changed every 2 years, not annually.

Model X air conditioning desiccant replacement is every 3 years and not annually.

So "annual" is not needed for the majority of items except for tires which could be done locally in Visalia at Pepboys.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
The title says "makes way for as-needed service".

So the services for Model X needed for its 2nd birthday are those 3 things listed above.

"No annual maintenance needed" is true when Cabin filter is to be changed every 2 years, not annually.

Model X air conditioning desiccant replacement is every 3 years and not annually.

So "annual" is not needed for the majority of items except for tires which could be done locally in Visalia at Pepboys.

Actually, that is not the 2-yr service I just got. I have the prepaid service, and my understanding is that now it's a la carte, meaning you can do the minimum, but some opt for more. My two year service last week included:
1/ wiper replacement, and new wiper valve replacement
2/ A/C evacuated then refilled. A/C desiccant filter replaced
3/ cabin air filter replaced
4/ fob batteries replaced
5/ 4 wheel alignment
6/ lubrication of latches

My car is now due for its two-year service appointment. Problem is I live far away from a service center so I have to plan it out. What's a typical timeframe for this service to be done? Same day? 2 days?
Thanks
Well as it turns out, one of my Ts was due for a 2-year service, and a reminder popped up a few days ago on my phone. Gee, how time flies. So, I called them and they scheduled to come out within a few days. My newer 2-year X with 25,000 miles was serviced in my carport. He was here for about 2 hours and the basic inspection cost he said was about $65 if I remember correctly. Then they said the only things that needed replacement was the filter and one other task being done, and the car looked great. Total cost was a little over $100 (parts included) and they said they would see me again in 2 years unless something comes up unexpected.

I doubt they make much of any money off that job. By comparison, my ICE SUV for the same time and mileage service at the dealer was over $550 for basically just routine stuff.

Well as it turns out, one of my Ts was due for a 2-year service, and a reminder popped up a few days ago on my phone. Gee, how time flies. So, I called them and they scheduled to come out within a few days. My newer 2-year X with 25,000 miles was serviced in my carport. He was here for about 2 hours and the basic inspection cost he said was about $65 if I remember correctly. Then they said the only things that needed replacement was the filter and one other task being done, and the car looked great. Total cost was a little over $100 (parts included) and they said they would see me again in 2 years unless something comes up unexpected.

I doubt they make much of any money off that job. By comparison, my ICE SUV for the same time and mileage service at the dealer was over $550 for basically just routine stuff.

No better way that a Tesla makes you special than servicing your car at your home or office.

Glad everything was A-OK.

Reactions: Silicon Desert