Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Years??? Already???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
Wow, I can't believe it's already been a bit over two years since my wife and I added our Tesla (see signature for specs) to our family.

I'm still every bit as thrilled with the car as I was on day one.

So far, I have zero rattles (neither does the car), and have only had two things go wrong with the car:

1. 12v battery died in May of this year, which is unsurprising, as we go through batteries about every two years here in the desert, anyway. Replaced under warranty.

2. This one was kinda odd. The right headlight assembly quit working. Not just the headlight, but also the turn signal contained in the unit. Mobile service came out and replaced it under warranty. The guy was extremely courteous, and answered all of my niggly questions. He also pulled up all the stuff that Tesla could see about my vehicle. He even showed me the date that my headlight assembly failed! They had every code that my car had ever produced. He also stated that if I hadn't contacted them "soon" about my headlight assembly not working, that *they* would have called me to discuss it. He also showed me the exact build date and time of my car. The amount of information they track on these cars is pretty amazing.

Other than those two minor issues, it has been perfect. No rattles, noises, nada. Just fun.

I guess I could list that I have had to reboot it a few times, and that the screen has crashed on me a few times, but it's a computer... these things happen.

My car was even built on a Friday, too! For those that don't know, Friday afternoon cars have the reputation of being of lower build quality, but that rumor (at least to my knowledge) has never been substantiated and still remains an Urban Legend, IMO.

We've been so pleased with this car that my wife is really looking forward to replacing her 2005 Toyota Sequoia with her new CyberTruck, and she is actually entertaining the idea (or else she's just teasing me) of letting me order a Plaid! God, I love that woman! :)

Edit: I'm sure guys/gals are wondering about battery degradation over that time. TBH, I really don't know... I have a bit (and by a "bit" I actually mean "a lot") of OCD, and refuse to allow myself to go down that rabbit hole. All I can say about my battery is that it still works, and I'm still able to take it on long distance drives without getting any range anxiety. That's enough for me. :)

Last edited:
@Phlier I remember when you got it; around the same time as I did! I just traded my, problem free for 2+ years, M3+ for a MS Plaid and have a MYP on order to replace my Subaru CrossTrek. The M3 experience was that good, so we are going “all electric” - Powered by Tesla, of course!

Edit: Yes, CT also in order, since launch day back in Nov 2019!

Reactions: Phlier
Yup, I remember that, too! We exchanged a few new owner messages at the time.

Although I see in your signature that you got a Plaid! I am jealous beyond the capabilities of mere language to express!

We bought TSLA one week after buying our Model 3, and we're still holding long term. My wife gave me permission to use some of the profits to buy a Plaid, but I have no intention of selling any stock to do so, so I'm gonna have to wheel-and-deal with her to see if I can't talk her into some other way of getting our Plaid! I've never wanted a car so badly in my life.

Congratulations, my friend, and may your Plaid bring you many years of smiles to come!

Reactions: jebinc
Yup, I remember that, too! We exchanged a few new owner messages at the time.

Although I see in your signature that you got a Plaid! I am jealous beyond the capabilities of mere language to express!

We bought TSLA one week after buying our Model 3, and we're still holding long term. My wife gave me permission to use some of the profits to buy a Plaid, but I have no intention of selling any stock to do so, so I'm gonna have to wheel-and-deal with her to see if I can't talk her into some other way of getting our Plaid! I've never wanted a car so badly in my life.

Congratulations, my friend, and may your Plaid bring you many years of smiles to come!
@Phlier Same to you! I hope your Plaid is approved by the boss! I love mine! The MYP is due to arrive in a week or so! Many happy miles!

I agree. She's a keeper

BTW How can you tell car was built on a Friday,?
@vickh Another way is to go into "dynotest" mode as it is displayed there.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Chemios and Phlier
Nice, good to hear! Got mine just a few months later (december 2019, an early 2020 model) so I'm closing in on 2 years too... Different minor issues here: door straps, one rear light taking water, one connector under seat badly connected from factory (airbag warnings) and tomorrow probably a seat weight sensor on drivers side. Nothing significant and I still love the car. Same as you, I can easily fall down a rabbit hole with things like battery degradation so I'm careful to not care too much about it :D

Wow, I can't believe it's already been a bit over two years since my wife and I added our Tesla (see signature for specs) to our family.

I'm still every bit as thrilled with the car as I was on day one.

So far, I have zero rattles (neither does the car), and have only had two things go wrong with the car:

1. 12v battery died in May of this year, which is unsurprising, as we go through batteries about every two years here in the desert, anyway. Replaced under warranty.

2. This one was kinda odd. The right headlight assembly quit working. Not just the headlight, but also the turn signal contained in the unit. Mobile service came out and replaced it under warranty. The guy was extremely courteous, and answered all of my niggly questions. He also pulled up all the stuff that Tesla could see about my vehicle. He even showed me the date that my headlight assembly failed! They had every code that my car had ever produced. He also stated that if I hadn't contacted them "soon" about my headlight assembly not working, that *they* would have called me to discuss it. He also showed me the exact build date and time of my car. The amount of information they track on these cars is pretty amazing.

Other than those two minor issues, it has been perfect. No rattles, noises, nada. Just fun.

I guess I could list that I have had to reboot it a few times, and that the screen has crashed on me a few times, but it's a computer... these things happen.

My car was even built on a Friday, too! For those that don't know, Friday afternoon cars have the reputation of being of lower build quality, but that rumor (at least to my knowledge) has never been substantiated and still remains an Urban Legend, IMO.

We've been so pleased with this car that my wife is really looking forward to replacing her 2005 Toyota Sequoia with her new CyberTruck, and she is actually entertaining the idea (or else she's just teasing me) of letting me order a Plaid! God, I love that woman! :)

Edit: I'm sure guys/gals are wondering about battery degradation over that time. TBH, I really don't know... I have a bit (and by a "bit" I actually mean "a lot") of OCD, and refuse to allow myself to go down that rabbit hole. All I can say about my battery is that it still works, and I'm still able to take it on long distance drives without getting any range anxiety. That's enough for me. :)
I would also like to get one of those mythical 'Tesla women' creatures. Where does one find such a thing?

/s :p