TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TX Specialty Plates

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jaysquyres, Apr 18, 2013.

1. jaysquyres

jaysquyres Member

#1 jaysquyres, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    I would LOVE to have a Specialty plate here in TX. I like my plate, but would rather have a Specialty plate for us Texans. Is there any interest? It takes a lot of people/money to make it happen. The plate could look like this: TeslaPlate.jpg Info: Specialty License Plates
    The TxDMV offers specialty license plates that benefit charity and non-profit organizations; honor our military men and women; and designate certain types of vehicles. Other Texas specialty plate designs are available from the marketing vendor My Plates. You can view all the TxDMV and My Plates specialty plate categories and designs by going to our online catalog.
    Other Resources

2. jaysquyres

jaysquyres Member

MyPlates doesn't seem interested. Here is the email I received from them: Hello Jay,

Thank you foryour interest in partnering with My Plates on a license plate design related toyour organization. Due the size of your group, there is not a largeenough market size for My Plates. The upfront cost to bring a plate tothe market is $4,615 implementation fee (which is refunded to nonprofitorganizations only after 500 plates are sold), plus a $1,385 design and artworkfee. That makes a total cost of $6,000. My Plates pays a 10%royalty of each background sold.

The State ofTexas contracts with My Plates to create significant revenue through thedesign, marketing and sales of specialty license plates. In order for My Platesto a satisfy financial obligations to the State, we ask potential partners tobe able the following:

-300 sales in thefirst year
    -500 sales in thefirst two years
    -continued growthof sales over the following years
    -a highrenewal/retention rate (70% minimum) over the life of the plate

Again, thank youfor your interest in partnership with My Plates.

Sincerely,

Mike Dehnisch

3. K5ING

K5ING MegaMiler

Strange that they wouldn't produce Tesla plates when they currently have ones like this:

auto.KellerWilliams.png

I can't think of anyone who would want that plate unless they worked for Keller Williams Realty.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Probably depends on who you talk to or who responds.