TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TX Vanity Plates can have 7 letters the month of July 2013! See if yours is available

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jaysquyres, Jun 9, 2013.

1. jaysquyres

jaysquyres Member

Vanity Plates are cool. There are 147 background choices for us Texans. Many Texans already have them for their Tesla's (I am guilty,) and they were evident at the Capitol in Austin - for the Tesla Hearing.

7 letter one's are hard to get, but I subscribe to PL8 NEWS. TX has made $9 Million so far from custom plates, from their 43,000 applications. Many plates get denied, 544 so far. Here is the news story talking about it, with pictures of the denials: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/DMV-Finds-10-Percent-of-Texas-Vanity-Plates-Objectionable-210135811.html

Here is the story about 7 letter plates. See if your plate is available: http://www.myplates.com/features/freedomseries

7-LETTER PLATES AVAILABLE ENTIRE MONTH OF JULY
    My Plates is excited to announce that 7-letter personalized plates will be available the entire month of July!
    Previously, we’ve offered 7-letter plates only a few days at a time, so this month-long event is a first for Texas, and there’s no better month than the 7th month to do it: July! 7-letter personalized plates, which we call Freedom series, are available only through MyPlates.com.
    Starting today, you can check availability for the message you have in mind, then you’ll be ready when 7-letter sales open in July.
    We encourage you to forward this email to friends who may be interested in 7-letter plates, so they can sign up for PL8 NEWS and receive special offers, just like you do.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Giving extra money annually to the state that doesn't allow Tesla to conduct business freely doesn't sound like a winning strategy to me.

3. Baiao

Baiao Member

why give tx $9 million

Give the $9 million to a charity not TEXAS!!

4. Skintrade

Skintrade Member

Think they'd approve one that says "DLRS SUK?"

5. jaysquyres

jaysquyres Member

#5 jaysquyres, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Too funny!!! Let's find out...
    dlrssuk.jpg

Of course it's needs the outside part as well:
    sunpoweredframe.jpg

6. Skintrade

Skintrade Member

7. jaysquyres

jaysquyres Member

8. GLACIER

GLACIER Roadster #334

I got a 7-letter vanity plate. Mine says GLACIER. I haven't been able to pick them up because I've been waiting on my registration papers...should receive them tomorrow morning!~

9. jaysquyres

jaysquyres Member

Cool! I got mine reserved for the Model X:
    slrpwrd.jpg sunpoweredframe.jpg

Or should I swap them for the Model S?
    BoysInTesla.jpg

10. GLACIER

GLACIER Roadster #334