Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tying a Driver Profile to Phone/Card Key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I was playing around with the Driver Profiles yesterday. First, I discovered the ability to enable the “Easy Entry” setting, which I’m trying. I’m not 100% sure i’ll Keep it, but its working fine so far.

But, I also noticed something right below that checkbox, where it seemed to tie my Profile with a card key. Since I don’t use my card key (since luckily my phone as key seems to work fine), I hit the X next to it to remove it, and wanted to try to tie it to my Phone instead. But I couldn’t find a way to do it, if its even possible. I was able to get it to add the card key back a couple of times, but i kept removing it. Now I can’t even get it to do that.

In any case, I dont need to tie in the card key since I don’t use it. And I’m not even sure if it can be tied to a phone (e.g. mine vs. my wife’s). And I’m not sure if it has enough BT antennae to triangulate who is on the driver’s side if both my wife and I were approaching the car. If I’m going to use the Easy Entrty setting, I think this is required, otherwise, it’ll just be an annoyance.

Anyone else see this, figure it out, know what its capable of? I’m on the 2018.4.6 firmware.