Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Type-2 cable damaged while on holiday (France) -- where to buy replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that a charging station at a village in France has destroyed my Type-2 charging cable. (The charging session stopped, and when I went to figure out why the cable was very hot. If I try to use the cable at a different charger, I don't get anywhere -- I get a message on the main screen that says there's no power source.)

I'm now in Annecy and struggling to keep a sufficient charge level. The best option is to replace the cable. But I can't figure out what kind of shop might sell them -- or indeed whether they are sold in shops at all. I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how I can get a new cable, ideally from a shop of some sort.

There appears to be a Tesla dealership in Chambéry — about 48 minutes from you according to google.

Tesla Center - Chambéry
Zone d'Activité La Crouza
73800 Chignin
Tesla Support : +33 9 70 73 08 50
Service : Sera disponible prochainement

Reactions: dbartram
1657526476761.png

there is 180 kw ccs in 1 Rue de Sansy in the Annecy itself?

and as mentioned - ionity:
1657526663329.png

If you buy from Hyundai or others, remember you are better off with a three-phase Type-2 cable, so check what they offer you. Most of the Hyundai are sngle phase, so you'd only get 7kW even on a 3-phase AC point. It may be best to stick with the nearest Tesla SC, as you might get it replaced on warranty if its not that old?

Reactions: Adopado
If you buy from Hyundai or others, remember you are better off with a three-phase Type-2 cable, so check what they offer you. Most of the Hyundai are sngle phase, so you'd only get 7kW even on a 3-phase AC point. It may be best to stick with the nearest Tesla SC, as you might get it replaced on warranty if its not that old?

Well pointed out @Burley .... the importance of getting the 3 phase version of the Type 2 cable ...

Reactions: Burley
It seems that a charging station at a village in France has destroyed my Type-2 charging cable. (The charging session stopped, and when I went to figure out why the cable was very hot. If I try to use the cable at a different charger, I don't get anywhere -- I get a message on the main screen that says there's no power source.)

I'm now in Annecy and struggling to keep a sufficient charge level. The best option is to replace the cable. But I can't figure out what kind of shop might sell them -- or indeed whether they are sold in shops at all. I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how I can get a new cable, ideally from a shop of some sort.
Why not use Superchargers for your holiday ? Sort the cable on return home ?