Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Type 2 Cable Shortage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my M3 last month, it was not supplied with a type 2 charging cable.

I was informed there were none in the country, and one would be sent to me when they were available.

Is this a national problem, or just a problem at Bristol. Anyone else experienced this?

As above, it’s a fairly common occurrence. I’ve even heard some people are getting longer blue cables now, even though they were switched to grey.

I too didn’t have a Type-2 on delivery, also from Bristol (I know it’s not specific to them though). Kicked up a bit of a fuss about it and ended up with them sending me one a couple of months later. I had home charging and lockdown meant it wasn’t really that big of a deal.

The funny part is Heathrow tried to send me another one, and on my most recent SC appointment at Bristol they put another one in the boot even though they had already supplied one to me. I managed to get both extra cables returned/stopped but I do wonder whether people get extra ones and end up selling them etc, whilst others are crying out for just one.