Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Type-2 charge cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
My car wasn’t supplied with a Type-2 charge cable, and it was delivered by a random delivery driver not affiliated with Tesla. I reported the missing cable immediately via a service request, and was hoping to finally get one on a SC visit on Friday just gone, but no joy.

When I spoke to someone at the time she said that they were recording all of the VINs that didn’t have a cable and will ship them out at some point. I’m hoping this happened at San Francisco dock or Southampton dock, as my car was delivered direct from there and the delivery driver made no note of anything.

Obviously at the moment it’s not a massive issue as I have a home charger and I’m working from home, but that’s just fortuitous. If I didn’t have a home charger I’d have to rely on superchargers and tethered rapids.

Was curious as to whether anyone had heard anything from Tesla about timelines for these cables being supplied?

It should come with a umc which you could use on 3 pin plug?
When I had mine delivered in September they were also short of type 2 cables but made sure to tell them via email/txt within a day or so and they shipped one out via DHL which arrived 2 weeks after

Reactions: Durzel
Yeah it came with the UMC. I've not used it though, my last experience of using an UMC tripped the electrics 3 times.

If/when I end up having to commute to work I'd like to be able to use public chargers, though.

My car wasn’t supplied with a Type-2 charge cable, and it was delivered by a random delivery driver not affiliated with Tesla. I reported the missing cable immediately via a service request, and was hoping to finally get one on a SC visit on Friday just gone, but no joy.

When I spoke to someone at the time she said that they were recording all of the VINs that didn’t have a cable and will ship them out at some point. I’m hoping this happened at San Francisco dock or Southampton dock, as my car was delivered direct from there and the delivery driver made no note of anything.

Obviously at the moment it’s not a massive issue as I have a home charger and I’m working from home, but that’s just fortuitous. If I didn’t have a home charger I’d have to rely on superchargers and tethered rapids.

Was curious as to whether anyone had heard anything from Tesla about timelines for these cables being supplied?
I got one with the Car but also bought a shorter one on eBay specifically for use with Public Chargers, might be worth a look.