Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Type 2 Charging Limits on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow this is confusing lol, or it sounds it, I'm sure it will be clear when we all get used to it. Just for example if we used a 150kw charger that Shell are installing would we get 150kw with a M3?
Fully warmed battery, and SOC of maybe 5-10%, should take 150kW I think, though with losses it would be more like mid-140's going into the car. It will start to drop pretty quickly, and by a 50% SOC will probably be down to about 100kW.
People are increasingly complaining charging is too fast for them to do their bathroom break, coffee, snack routine. Remember Tesla Superchargers have overstay fees.

Reactions: m3gt2
Fully warmed battery, and SOC of maybe 5-10%, should take 150kW I think, though with losses it would be more like mid-140's going into the car. It will start to drop pretty quickly, and by a 50% SOC will probably be down to about 100kW.
People are increasingly complaining charging is too fast for them to do their bathroom break, coffee, snack routine. Remember Tesla Superchargers have overstay fees.

Thanks, still sounds very impressive! Have She'll published a list of locations that are open and being opened? All I can see is 100 chargers at 50 locations by the end of the year?

Thanks, still sounds very impressive! Have She'll published a list of locations that are open and being opened? All I can see is 100 chargers at 50 locations by the end of the year?

As @Andy_T_73 suggests best to get the app. I've just had a look and randomly tapped on half a dozen so of their sites that are currently open. Max 50kW. I'm not knocking it, great that there is more availability but charge rates in excess of those available SuC network will be hand to find for a long time.

Reactions: m3gt2
No way? That's pretty poor. I'm not going to be able to charge at work or home without one.
I completely agree with you, but having experienced how disorganised Tesla can be, I shouldn’t be surprised if it happens regularly.

I imagine Tesla would just say you’ve got the supplied UMC, so you can charge using that until we get your cable in!

Reactions: Krazymuthafuka
Anyone know what length the tesla supplied type2 cables are?
Normally 4m long...

That’s why I’ve had my charger swapped to the Tesla one with a 7.5m cable, as I was faced with paying £200 for a 10m Type 2 cable because of my garage setup.

See the photos in @Thiellie ‘s writeup below, and it agrees with what Tesla staff have told me.

Reserving to Receiving - a P- story

Last edited: