TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Type-II to Type-II cable

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Mario Kadastik, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

well I'm trying to figure out if the M-F Type-II to Type-II cable is the right cable for EU Model S to charge at the various Type-II charging stations in EU.

Basically I'm planning on buying this one:
    Power Cords, PDUs and Shore Power Connections

It's a male-to-female cable. What's the Model S port (M/F?).

2. TonyWilliams

TonyWilliams Active Member

The Tesla plug is slightly different, so that it will NOT plug into a standard Type 2 port / receptacle.

3. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Erm, we are talking about the EU car, right? From what I've understood the EU car has a Type-II connector and that's one of the reasons Tesla isn't selling a HPWC because any standard Type-II capable EV box will work. The only part I want clarified is wether the car has a male or female connector :) According to the website where I'm planning to buy the car side connector of the cable is female meaning that the cars connector has to be male. Just confirming it here...

4. CHL

CHL Member

yes, in Europe you need a type 2 to type 2 male female cable and occasionally in France an other one (type 2 to Type 3 cable) for type 3 charging station common in France.