Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Type of console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a 2015 85d CPO and wanted to know what console to expect? Is it the premium console or the integrated one? The car was manufactured around April 2015. I am trying to see if there is a quick connection phone dock available for my model and if it comes with my car quite possibly.

I just ordered a 2015 85d CPO and wanted to know what console to expect? Is it the premium console or the integrated one? The car was manufactured around April 2015. I am trying to see if there is a quick connection phone dock available for my model and if it comes with my car quite possibly.

Unless I am mistaken, you will not be receiving any console. The cars made at that time did not include a standard console.

Wow that's disappointing. Does someone have a 2015 pic to share?

Is this upgradable? I saw the integrated console got $1500 which I have no desire to spend.

You can add one of the original consoles, if Tesla still sells them. If not, you can probably find a used one.

They can be installed easily by a service center, or if you are reasonably handy you could probably install it yourself.

You can add one of the original consoles, if Tesla still sells them. If not, you can probably find a used one.

They can be installed easily by a service center, or if you are reasonably handy you could probably install it yourself.

Thanks. What I am confused about is if I don't have a center console, what's do I get? Do I have cup holders? A place for storage?

Perhaps I am confusing armrest storage with center console?

Thanks. What I am confused about is if I don't have a center console, what's do I get? Do I have cup holders? A place for storage?

Perhaps I am confusing armrest storage with center console?

You do get the armrests, which have cupholders underneath them. So with the armrests slid back, you have access to the cupholders. With the armrests slid forward, the cupholders are completely covered.

The console would be installed lower, in the area between the driver and the front seat passenger, essentially on the floor. The top of the console winds up below the lowest part of the 17" display, under the cubby. If you search for pictures here on the forum, you'll find plenty.

You do get the armrests, which have cupholders underneath them. So with the armrests slid back, you have access to the cupholders. With the armrests slid forward, the cupholders are completely covered.

The console would be installed lower, in the area between the two front passengers, essentially on the floor. The top of the console winds up below the lowest part of the 17" display. If you search for pictures here on the forum, you'll find plenty.
Thanks! All makes sense now. I see evannex makes a nice aftermarket one. I'll have to check this out.

Before you buy anything, get your sales person to take photos of the interior. It's possible a prior owner installed the Tesla console.

The old cheaper ($600) Tesla drop in consoles are no longer available from Tesla unless you find a SC with old stock. Used is your best bet there.

The new $1250 "premium console" can't be ordered online, but my SC had one and I am getting mine installed Friday. I THINK it might add the pop out rear cup holders, but I won't know for sure until I get my car back.

Other than that, aftermarket is a good option.

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum
I'd wait until you've had the car for a few weeks before ordering anything. You might find that you like the extra storage area and open space. Lack of a center console is one of my favorite things about the interior of the Tesla.

I'd wait until you've had the car for a few weeks before ordering anything. You might find that you like the extra storage area and open space. Lack of a center console is one of my favorite things about the interior of the Tesla.

Good advice and I am definitely waiting as these consoles are not cheap. The reason I was even exploring this topic is I am trying to figure out where/how I am going to mount my iPhone when driving. In the past, I've used and loved proclip, but I am not a fan of the vent mounts or mounting it near the LCD display and blocking off access. I use Waze a lot like other members and do like to text when at red lights.

While figuring that out, I stumbled across this whole "center console" topic. Apparently though, none of the consoles available will really solve my need to mount the phone in a convenient location and are more just holders/chargers.