TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TypicalCalc - App that calculates required charge based on your cars typical value

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by MrBacardi, Nov 20, 2015.

1. MrBacardi

MrBacardi Member

I have created an app that quickly can assist you when you're charging and wonder how much you need to reach your destination, based on your required average consumption.

First you have to enter your car's typical calculation-value in the app settings. (Tesla Model S typical range calculation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Xp7zSp7Rs )

The app has two calculation-modes. You can either calculate your maximum average consumption (Wh/km) to your destination based on current charge, or you can calculate required charge for your wanted average consumption to your destination.

The app can be installed from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frankburmo.nextsupercharger

device-2015-11-15-174212-2.png

device-2015-11-15-174243-2.png

device-2015-11-15-174517-2.png

Constructive criticism is very welcome, so I can improve the app.

Also, please contribute by posting your cars typical calculation-value, so that we can create a reference list for the different models.

2. Requiem

Requiem Member

This looks like a very useful app.

One feature request would be that you add a dropdown where you select your car whether it's 60, 70, 70D, 85, 85D, P85D, 90D, P90D or P90DL. I assume most of theese have different calculation values. In addition to the dropdown you could have a manual imput box if the user wants to override. This might make the app a bit more accessible to beginners :)

Also, I believe "Typical" is not used as a term in american cars. If i remember correctly they have Rated or Ideal, where we in europe have "Typical" and "Rated"

- - - Updated - - -

Another idea: Add option to give current soc in percent in stead of km.

3. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Why make it an app, why not a web site and we can use the in car browser?
    And why not a name like TypiCalc? :smile:

Or in light of @Requiem's post, why not TrypiCalc? (TrippyCalc?)