Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Typo in Name Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Ordered 2 weeks ago, and noticed stupidly, I inserted my last name with a space between the two parts of it- ie VON XXX. I spell it that way, but on my license it is one full word ie -VONXXX.

Any idea if
1) This would be an issue
2) If I should change it, and if so, would SA be best?
3) Impact delivery?

No VIN or anything yet. Thanks.

Hello,

Ordered 2 weeks ago, and noticed stupidly, I inserted my last name with a space between the two parts of it- ie VON XXX. I spell it that way, but on my license it is one full word ie -VONXXX.

Any idea if
3) Impact delivery?

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes

You're full legal name must match on all documents at delivery. Insurance, license etc

Hello,

Any idea if
3) Impact delivery?

I placed my order on 7/5 and maybe few days later I noticed my Date of Birth was incorrect. At that point my EDD was 11/22/2022 - 1/17/2023. I didn't know my SA so I called the main Tesla number 1 (888) 518-3752 last week and talked to customer service. They made the change in about a minute, total call time was maybe 5 minutes. It's pretty easy for them to make changes and the CS agent had my driver's license image on his screen. The bonus was about 10 minutes after the call, I checked the app and my EDD moved up to 9/4/2022 - 10/9/2022.