Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre choice for model 3P on 20” Uber turbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys - many apologies if this has been discussed before.
I have 20 “ Uber turbines on my M3P and I wanted to check if these are 8.5 or 9” wheels.

The reason I want this info is that if they are 9 across I’ll happily go to 255/35/20 winter tyres (currently have 235/35/20 summer tyres on).

If 8.5 across i would probably go with 245/35/20 winter tyres - and these are considerably more expensive.

Hence my original question regarding 8.5 or 9.

Thank you all for your help - and I do very much enjoy the forum.

All best wishes to you all.

Guys - many apologies if this has been discussed before.
I have 20 “ Uber turbines on my M3P and I wanted to check if these are 8.5 or 9” wheels.

The reason I want this info is that if they are 9 across I’ll happily go to 255/35/20 winter tyres (currently have 235/35/20 summer tyres on).

If 8.5 across i would probably go with 245/35/20 winter tyres - and these are considerably more expensive.

Hence my original question regarding 8.5 or 9.

Thank you all for your help - and I do very much enjoy the forum.

All best wishes to you all.
Do you really need winter tyres living in essex?. I plan to go for 255/35/20 with michelin pilot sport 4s. Not sure its worth getting winter tyres when you have AWD for the 3-3=4 days of heavy snow we get per year

Do you really need winter tyres living in essex?. I plan to go for 255/35/20 with michelin pilot sport 4s. Not sure its worth getting winter tyres when you have AWD for the 3-3=4 days of heavy snow we get per year
Good question.
They are well worth it in my opinion.
I’ve been stuck in snow before and as a doctor it is not cool turning up late / not turning up.
AWD might get you going but won’t help you stop.
Also they are much better generally in cold conditions.
Furthermore, the miles you do on the winter tyres are miles you don’t do on your summer tyres so it’s not an expense in that sense.
Finally we like driving north where the winter is even more beautiful and the tyres are that much more useful up there.
Cheers