Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre pressure indicator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have all 4x tyre pressure at 42 PSI however one tyre is showing as yellow....not sure why as they all the same pressure and the tyre showing the yellow indicator isn't loosing pressure....

Any ideas?

2022-07-13_12-43-45.png

I have all 4x tyre pressure at 42 PSI however one tyre is showing as yellow....not sure why as they all the same pressure and the tyre showing the yellow indicator isn't loosing pressure....

Any ideas?

View attachment 827973
My 19” tyres on my 2014 Model S are set to the recommended 45 PSI when cold.
Not sure what the trigger point is for a warning but you may have found it.

Reactions: mspohr

Any ideas?

View attachment 827973
Had the same issue last month, although I was under on all to 40 but only one showed yellow. Topped them all up and problem fixed, so maybe throw some air in and then recalibrate when you know they are all equal from an external source.

That's normal - as the tyres heat up (from friction) the air inside heats up, which increases pressure.
And when parked during the day one side may be warmer than the other (from sunlight) which means those pressures will be higher.
Of course!
I’m talking about a drop in tyre pressure of a couple of pounds after a mile then going back up - that sort of. thing. Let’s face it, they are cheap pressure sensors.

Of course!
I’m talking about a drop in tyre pressure of a couple of pounds after a mile then going back up - that sort of. thing. Let’s face it, they are cheap pressure sensors.
Your individual car is likely to have a faulty sensor, that doesn't mean that all Tesla sensors are inaccurate or unreliable. I've have the same sensors over 7 years and 262,000kms, they've worked perfectly, that doesn't mean Tesla have the worlds greatest TPMS.

Recommend is 42, they all show the same PSI...even if out by 1 I thought there is a 5% difference before sensor kicks in with yellow alert....
I've had it trigger when one tyre hit 38 psi along with a message on the screen. With them all showing 42, I'd try letting air out of each tyre and pumping them back up to 42psi. If that doesn't work, I'd suspect that it's a faulty sensor.