Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre pressures ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Model Y:​

Displaying Tire Pressures​

Display tire pressures on the touchscreen by touching Controls > Service. The pressure of each tire displays in the visualization of your Model Y. You can choose whether you want to display tire pressures using Bar or PSI by touching Controls > Display > Tire Pressure.

car.jpg

This is what I see ?

Do you not see a car silhouette at the top of that menu? The numbers will show besides each wheel. Obviously you need to drive a bit so the sensors wake up and start sending values.
OK I missed the main point of your message :) - what I *read* was once you've been driving the numbers will appear, what you *wrote* was *while* you are driving the numbers will appear.

Reactions: GtiMart
OK I missed the main point of your message :) - what I *read* was once you've been driving the numbers will appear, what you *wrote* was *while* you are driving the numbers will appear.
Welcome to V11 ... I have to admit I had the same struggle with that change ... the tyre pressure card and the odometers and consumption cards are sadly missed.

Seriously ?

That's kinda illogical - if only there was a way to store the last reading so you didn't have to hoke through screens while driving lol.

Thanks for the reply - I'll try it next time I'm out.
If you think about it, just showing you the pressures from yesterday or whenever you last drove it isn't going to be much use if you have a slow puncture and overnight you have a flat.

Reactions: init6
If the purpose of not showing tyre pressure is to preserve the battery, then the simple solution is to show it only on request. This would solve the problem of getting a cold reading!

I think the wheels need to be rolling for the TPMS to calibrate and register a pressure ... so nearest you would get to a cold(ish) pressure will be a couple of minutes after setting off.

If the purpose of not showing tyre pressure is to preserve the battery, then the simple solution is to show it only on request. This would solve the problem of getting a cold reading!
That would be worse, it would mean the wheel sensors need to be on all the time and be receivers to hear a request. As it is they are just transmitters, sending out their pressure every x seconds but stop/turn off when they become stationary after so many minutes.