Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre Replacement Melbourne (Not Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any recommendations for somewhere to get tyres replaced in Melbourne (close to the city), that is not through the Richmond service centre?

Thanks in advance!

Make sure you give Jax tyres a chance to quote as they've installed AC chargers nationwide, always good to support those who invest some money into EVs.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I bought my replacement set of Tyres through Jax as well, but I am in Sydney.
The one I go to the one in Waterloo that used to be independant (Spinning Wheel Tyres) so I think the new owners are a Jax Franchisee.
As with most Franchisees your experience can vary.

I've tended to use Jax and Tyrepower in the past. I got a screw in one tyre last Thursday and noticed they were all due for replacement anyway. I compared prices online and in the end decided to try tyresales.com.au. They had the tyres I wanted for ~$100 per tyre cheaper than another tyre centre near my work ($212 vs $315) . I ordered online at around midnight on Thursday for installation the next day (Friday), that cost an extra $20 for delivery. They called at 8.30am, sent the invoice by text and gave me a nearby tyre centre location where they would freight the tyres to. I paid online and arranged to drop the car off at 2pm. I picked up the car a couple of hours later but could have probably waited while they were fitted.

Overall I was very happy with the online purchase experience and will likely do it again in future.

I've tended to use Jax and Tyrepower in the past. I got a screw in one tyre last Thursday and noticed they were all due for replacement anyway. I compared prices online and in the end decided to try tyresales.com.au. They had the tyres I wanted for ~$100 per tyre cheaper than another tyre centre near my work ($212 vs $315) . I ordered online at around midnight on Thursday for installation the next day (Friday), that cost an extra $20 for delivery. They called at 8.30am, sent the invoice by text and gave me a nearby tyre centre location where they would freight the tyres to. I paid online and arranged to drop the car off at 2pm. I picked up the car a couple of hours later but could have probably waited while they were fitted.

Overall I was very happy with the online purchase experience and will likely do it again in future.
Thanks Chenkers, was that in Melbourne and would you have any issues recommending the place if you don’t mind me asking?

I think that some tyre places are willing to price beat. I know that Bob Jane Preston are pretty good at this. If you were to call them up and say that you found this price online I'm quite sure they would be willing to beat it.

The caveat is that you would obviously have to be in close proximity to Preston to have the tyres fitted there and I'm not sure by how much they will beat the price but it's always worth a try.

Thanks Chenkers, was that in Melbourne and would you have any issues recommending the place if you don’t mind me asking?

My work is in South Yarra and Chapel Corner tyres in St Kilda did the work. With tyreslaes.com.au you enter the postcode where you want the work done and they select a tyre centre close to where you are. They send the tyres from their warehouse to the tyre centre to do the fitting. You pay tyresales.com.au (who appear to be some form of tyre wholesaler) and they pay the selected tyre centre to fit your tyres. So the location where the fitting is done is based on the nearest tyre centre that works with the online seller. (Btw I have no affiliation with tyresales.com.au and this is the first time I've used them)