Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyres - How’s it going?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep you can (as long as they are similar to the same spec that you have - ie 235/45/R18 98Y XL)

My 2019 M3 came with 18inch PS4's but the newer 2020/21 model comes with Hankook Ventus S1 Eco3. So i'm getting the Hankooks next (around £121 per tyre).

Also quite a few people say the Vredestein Quatrac Pro's are also very good
Thanks @davidmc and @Envchem - am going to have to go for Primacy 4s as that’s all I can get tomorrow locally. It’s a rear puncture - any recommendations whether the new tyres should go on the front and move the fronts to the rears? Have done 12,000 miles. Am going to keep the other used rear just in case as well.

Reactions: davidmc
Hi mate. I would suggest to put the new ones on the rear since these are the ones that are getting worn off faster. I noticed that when I replaced mine (all 4), rear ones where ~ 2mm while the front ~4. You are at 12k miles so I believe eventually your fronts and rears will balance out.

Reactions: jammer1
I'm hoping my late 2019/15,000 mile Pilot 4s last until these come out. Boosting your range by 10-20% seems fanciful tho!

10-10% sounds too much for me too. As long as they are quiet and supports the car properly I will be fine with them. To be fair I am quite happy with the crossclimates so far. 5% loss of range which I was expecting, a bit noisier but really great performance on wet. They will not be properly tested though till next winter.

Hi got a question regarding Tyre Wear.

My initial rear Michelin sport 18 inch tyres on a M3LR lasted just over 20K miles.
Their identical replacements lasted 10K and had to be replaced due to excessive tyre wear in the centre of the tyre.
Puzzled by the latter as that indicates tyres being over inflated but I have typically had the tyre pressure 40psi when tesla recommend 42psi.
I'm very reluctant to go to 42psi on this basis.

Currently running with new e.primacy tyres on all 4 wheels - though I would give an EV tyre a go and the Pilot Sport EV's are not available yet
(seem to have more road noise as a result)

Puzzled by the latter as that indicates tyres being over inflated but I have typically had the tyre pressure 40psi when tesla recommend 42psi.

I've got a similar issue with my rear-left having nearly 0.9 mm less central tread than the others, all at same pressure from cold. Suspect it's just due to the way sunlight falls on the car where I park it, warming up that corner over time just enough to raise its pressure before every trip. Either that or a quality issue with the manufacturer custom-made T0 from Michelin (Primacy 3 in my case).

I've got a similar issue with my rear-left having nearly 0.9 mm less central tread than the others, all at same pressure from cold. Suspect it's just due to the way sunlight falls on the car where I park it, warming up that corner over time just enough to raise its pressure before every trip. Either that or a quality issue with the manufacturer custom-made T0 from Michelin (Primacy 3 in my case).
Interesting comment about the sunlight. I have noticed that on the side of my car that has the sun in the morning, the pressure is 1-2 PSI higher than on the shadow side.
Evens out quite quickly when driving, maybe after 5 minutes or so. It might still have a noticeable effect over time.

Just had my new shoes fitted (Vredestein Quatrac Pro) and first impressions (30mph max) is that they seem a much duller sound (Quieter) than the Mich P4s. Although they are new so could be the extra rubber on the tyres that could help.

They do seem to give a much softer ride too, as in they take the bumps in the road better so it seems a softer ride. Had them inflated to 41psi.

Tomorrow i have my normal commute motorway drive (40miles) so will get to see what they are like on the motorway and at higher speeds.

Cost me £52 for fitting of all 4 (Tyres Galore in Leicester). And £467.60 for the 4 tyres from Camskill.co.uk and will get £50 cash back for buying 4.

So total cost is £469.60 (£117.40 each)

Best i could find that supplied and fitted was around £600 (£150 each)

So I’ve been looking at model 3 tyres and apart from putting what I have now on at £180 a pop I was thinking of getting these..

very little difference in cost however I’m intrigued that they might enhance the range marginally

Michelin e.Primacy​

welcome anyone’s thoughts.

So I’ve been looking at model 3 tyres and apart from putting what I have now on at £180 a pop I was thinking of getting these..

very little difference in cost however I’m intrigued that they might enhance the range marginally

Michelin e.Primacy​

We need a volunteer! You would be doing a service for the TMC forum ... ;)

Michelin e.Primacy​

We need a volunteer! You would be doing a service for the TMC forum ... ;)
Got a full set of them on the car e.Primacy every corner - previously has the Pilot Sport 4S acoustic's - ideally wanted the Pilot Sport EV's (standard fit on china model Y's apparantly) but not available yet.

Impressions to date - Fine, maybe not as grippy in the corners but if they last more than 10K I'll be happy (that's how long my rear replacement Pilot Sport 4S's last before centre's where below legal minimum despite being inflated to recommended 42psi).

As far as range is concerned, the quoted available miles after my 80% (I think) charge has been steadily increasing despite the fact the temperatures have not. Back to 270 where I had previously being just over 250

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I will need some new tyres soon (M3LR) and I see Michelin have added an e.Primacy to the range I was wondering if anyone had tried that on an M3 yet and if so what they think of them? Also interested in feed back on the standard Primacy. I know there have been quite a few switchers based on other threads ( Often due to the recent lack of Pilot Sport supply)

For reference the new e is rated A for efficiency and B for wet grip but the standard Primacy seems to be the the other way around, B for efficiency and A for Wet grip. The standard PS4 Acoustics are B for both. Originally I hoped to hold out for the new e Pilot Sport but Michelins web site seems to suggest it will only be in 19"-21" so will not fit an SR+ or LR on standard wheels. Seems odd since they are 2 of the worlds most popular performance EV's. Maybe they will add more sizes later?

Are people mindful of who they get to fit their tyres or as long as you have the pucks/jack pads, its of no concern? The warnings on the jacking procedure help page scare me :)
You have 3 choices - just take a chance, find somewhere with previous tesla experience or in my case a friendly local garage that's never seen a tesla and happy to have me drive it on the ramp, stick my nose into what's going on and allow me to quote tyre pressures and torque settings, have a good nose under the ramp to view the underbody and tyre wells when a wheel comes off. The benefits of rural life and commonsense...