Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyres - How’s it going?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my new shoes fitted (Vredestein Quatrac Pro) and first impressions (30mph max) is that they seem a much duller sound (Quieter) than the Mich P4s. Although they are new so could be the extra rubber on the tyres that could help.

They do seem to give a much softer ride too, as in they take the bumps in the road better so it seems a softer ride. Had them inflated to 41psi.

Tomorrow i have my normal commute motorway drive (40miles) so will get to see what they are like on the motorway and at higher speeds.

Cost me £52 for fitting of all 4 (Tyres Galore in Leicester). And £467.60 for the 4 tyres from Camskill.co.uk and will get £50 cash back for buying 4.

So total cost is £469.60 (£117.40 each)

Best i could find that supplied and fitted was around £600 (£150 each)
Looking forward to hearing your feedback as I love mine. I've found the sweetspot for tyre pressure to be 40-42 psi so you are spot on. With my lead foot I typically see them rise to 45 psi hot. During spring and beginning of summer temps can vary widely so I keep a battery operated compressor in my car to true up the pressure if the weather changes dramatically from one day to the next.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback as I love mine. I've found the sweetspot for tyre pressure to be 40-42 psi so you are spot on. With my lead foot I typically see them rise to 45 psi hot. During spring and beginning of summer temps can vary widely so I keep a battery operated compressor in my car to true up the pressure if the weather changes dramatically from one day to the next.
:)

So far so good with these new shoes. They do seem quieter (a more lower hollow noise) and slightly softer on the bumps.

Few things i have noticed on these are:

1. AP seems to grip a bit. like its twitching a bit more than usual due to the tyre grip?. Could be the Software version im on but who knows (2021.4.15)?
2. wh/mile has gone up. Seems to consume around 20-30wh/mile more on these. So if you are after efficiency the P4s are better for that or the New EV ones.

• Informative
Reactions: CaptainBurrito
:)

So far so good with these new shoes. They do seem quieter (a more lower hollow noise) and slightly softer on the bumps.

Few things i have noticed on these are:

1. AP seems to grip a bit. like its twitching a bit more than usual due to the tyre grip?. Could be the Software version im on but who knows (2021.4.15)?
2. wh/mile has gone up. Seems to consume around 20-30wh/mile more on these. So if you are after efficiency the P4s are better for that or the New EV ones.
Do you mean traction control? If that is the case have you tried going to the service menu and resetting TPMS? Also make sure the wheel configuration is correct. I don’t have that issue on mine.

Indeed the rolling resistance of all season tires is slightly worse than summers. I lose about 5%. If I’m going on a long road trip I inflate to 45 psi cold which compensates slightly. I’m perfectly ok with the slight compromise for quiet tires that handle great in all 4 seasons though.

Yep you can (as long as they are similar to the same spec that you have - ie 235/45/R18 98Y XL)

My 2019 M3 came with 18inch PS4's but the newer 2020/21 model comes with Hankook Ventus S1 Eco3. So i'm getting the Hankooks next (around £121 per tyre).

Also quite a few people say the Vredestein Quatrac Pro's are also very good

I would love to know where you found those Hankooks. My 19" M3LR came with Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 235/40R19 and I have a slow puncture on a rear after 5k miles. I can't find them for less than £205 other than BlackCircle who do not have any Welcome to the Blackcircles.com Help & Support Centre . Here it is for £205 Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 K127. Only £ 205.<sup>29</sup> . I could get it from Ebay from what seems to be a German company Hankook 235/40 R19 Ventus S1 EVO 3 (k127) 96w XL C Summer Tyre for sale online | eBay fro £136.90 but I would not know how to get it fitted.

There are lots of cheep Evo 2s, don't be fooled

Does anyone know if all Hankook Evo 3 are the same. Black Circle specifically says "Sound Absorber" Do you get the sound absorbing foam in the tyre regardless of who you buy it from?

I would love to know where you found those Hankooks. My 19" M3LR came with Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 235/40R19 and I have a slow puncture on a rear after 5k miles. I can't find them for less than £205 other than BlackCircle who do not have any Welcome to the Blackcircles.com Help & Support Centre . Here it is for £205 Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 K127. Only £ 205.<sup>29</sup> . I could get it from Ebay from what seems to be a German company Hankook 235/40 R19 Ventus S1 EVO 3 (k127) 96w XL C Summer Tyre for sale online | eBay fro £136.90 but I would not know how to get it fitted.

There are lots of cheep Evo 2s, don't be fooled

Does anyone know if all Hankook Evo 3 are the same. Black Circle specifically says "Sound Absorber" Do you get the sound absorbing foam in the tyre regardless of who you buy it from?
There is a T0 version of the Hankook which is fitted to the Model 3 19" rims, so that's the one to get if you really want the foam.