TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tyres on 19" 90D?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ND100, Oct 2, 2016.

1. ND100

ND100 Member

Has anyone received a 90D lately? I'm curious which tyres are being supplied these days in Australia.

2. wdolson

wdolson Active Member

I don't know about Australia but the new 90Ds in the US come with Goodyear tires. I believe the 19 inch tires on the PxxD models is the Michelin MXM.

3. Brian May

Brian May Member

Not the best of photos, but hopefully you can see the details. This is a 90D, with 19inch wheels.

IMG_20161003_212020.jpg

• Like x 1
  4. mhonig

mhonig Member

I was told that my 90D would come with `9" Michelin, my favorite tire brand, but instead it came with Goodyears. I think Tesla is just cheaping out. Look at the price difference for Goodyear and Michelin at the Tesla on line store.

5. wdolson

wdolson Active Member

Tesla is using the Goodyears because they are quieter than the Michelins. From what I've read about the Michelin MXMs, they are quite possibly the best all weather tire out there, but Tesla is a California company and few of their California customers have to drive in wet weather very often. Here in the NW US the Michelins would be the tire of choice, you need to drive in rainy weather 8-9 months out of the year and occasionally it snows.

So they trade the quality of the Michelins for the silence of the Goodyears.