Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyres on 19" 90D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not the best of photos, but hopefully you can see the details. This is a 90D, with 19inch wheels.

IMG_20161003_212020.jpg

Reactions: ND100
I was told that my 90D would come with `9" Michelin, my favorite tire brand, but instead it came with Goodyears. I think Tesla is just cheaping out. Look at the price difference for Goodyear and Michelin at the Tesla on line store.

I was told that my 90D would come with `9" Michelin, my favorite tire brand, but instead it came with Goodyears. I think Tesla is just cheaping out. Look at the price difference for Goodyear and Michelin at the Tesla on line store.

Tesla is using the Goodyears because they are quieter than the Michelins. From what I've read about the Michelin MXMs, they are quite possibly the best all weather tire out there, but Tesla is a California company and few of their California customers have to drive in wet weather very often. Here in the NW US the Michelins would be the tire of choice, you need to drive in rainy weather 8-9 months out of the year and occasionally it snows.

So they trade the quality of the Michelins for the silence of the Goodyears.