Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyres with the designation 'TO'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T0 means it’s been designed to the specs set out by the original manufacturer for use on the car. T is Tesla and 0 is the first revision. T1 would be more modern design etc. Sometimes keeping a T0 on an older Tesla would be the right thing to do for the age rather than just going for the newest T revision.

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
Hmmm...Tesla mobile service just replaced one 21" Continental Sport tire for me. $450 installed. He told me to locate the TO which he said was "Tesla Only" due to the rating becasue our cars are so heavy. Perhaps he was wrong in the TO.
He is correct. TO tires have foam inserts (debatable if they actually reduce noise) and different tire compounds for rolling resistance and weight.

He is correct. TO tires have foam inserts (debatable if they actually reduce noise) and different tire compounds for rolling resistance and weight.
Yeah I saw the foam insert during the remounting in the Mobile service van. If every service visit was like that there’d be half the threads on this forum.

off topic, but I found since doing some in and out of warranty work on my wife’s Model X and my Model S, service is getting much better.

Definitely T0 and T1 is the newest one. I just ordered the OEM Goodyear Eagle about 4 months ago from Tire Rack and T1 just appeared in their system but it was not available for what they estimated as 6 months as its an OEM and Tesla needed it (Ravens use it and it has even lower rolling resistance than T0 and thus helps give that extra longe range for the Raven).

Definitely T0 and T1 is the newest one. I just ordered the OEM Goodyear Eagle about 4 months ago from Tire Rack and T1 just appeared in their system but it was not available for what they estimated as 6 months as its an OEM and Tesla needed it (Ravens use it and it has even lower rolling resistance than T0 and thus helps give that extra longe range for the Raven).

Yeah interesting; and the new ones are cheaper?

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 6.12.45 PM.png

Or get the ones without the foam that many allege does nothing; on sale

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 6.17.27 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
My new 2020 MS LR+ has the "T1" designation on it--but if it has the "SoundComfort" accoustical stuff in it, I can't tell. I cannot see the little "musical note in a tire" symbol that Goodyear uses (found here: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=336 ).

Is there a better way to confirm exactly what tire I have?

I think it's important since I'm considering whether to buy the Tesla tire repair kit--which, AIUI, will not work properly with the foam insert tires. Yes/no??